Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Yorkie Size

Yorkie Size

Postby Lauro » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

I have an 18 week old yorkie that weighs 2.4 pounds.  About how big will she be full grown.  I do know there is no guarantee, but I am just curious.  I was told about 4 pounds & I am wondering if that is about right?  Thank you for your time.
Lauro

Yorkie Size

Postby Cirilo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Rory,

Some people say if you take the weight at 5 months and double it that is about how big the puppy will be when full grown.  I have however, never found this to be completely accurate.  Dogs do not stop growing until they are about a year old.  I have over the years tried tracking their weight weekly, monthly etc. to see if there was a pattern that would help me figure out how big they were going to be when full grown.  What I found was that there was no rhyme or reason to it at all.

That being said, I can tell you that the best indication of how large your puppy will be full grown is by the size of her parents.  If you have a father that is 2.5 or 3 pounds and a mother that is 5 pounds then you are going to have a puppy that is 5 pounds or less.  If you have a father that is 5 pounds and a mother that is 5 pounds then you are going to have a puppy that is 5 pounds or more and so on.

There is a chance that your puppy will be 4 pounds but there is no sure way to tell.  I wish I could have been more helpful but I always believe in telling it like it is.

Sincerely,

Melinda
Cirilo

Return to South Beach Diet