Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Would My Freshman Year Gpa Harm My Chances Of Attending A Prestigious College?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Stanwic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:23 pm

I'm a sophomore in high school and I already have an idea of what school I want to go to in the future for college. I'm thinking about Washington University in St. Louis's pre-med program, but they have a GPA average of 4.38 for acceptance.

My freshman year cumulative GPA is a 3.3 due to suffering from depression. However, I have a 4.0 for first semester sophomore year and will probably reach a 4.0 - 4.2 my second semester, making my cumulative for sophomore year a 4.0 - 4.1. This would make my high school career weighted cumulative GPA 3.6 - 3.7 after the end of sophomore year.

I'm just wondering if colleges take improvement into consideration while viewing the GPA of applicants. At this rate, I should finish with a GPA of 3.9 - 4.2 (weighted) by the end of my high school career after taking the classes I plan on taking.

I'm taking ACT/SAT prep courses this summer and attending a summer program next summer, along with applying to National Honors Society (NHS) junior year second semester.

So, would my freshman year truly hurt my chances at Wash U?
Stanwic

Postby Caelan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:25 pm

call wash u admissions office and ask them. maybe they would just give you a straight answer. 3.3 is not that bad tho. it isn't a perfect 4.0 but it is above average.
Caelan

Postby Jahari » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:28 pm

This may be somewhat brutal, but yes, your freshman year would truly hurt your chances of getting into a prestigious college.

But who said that "injury" would be life-threatening? It may hurt, but it might be just a scrap; It won't even matter. As long as you do well throughout the rest of high school, colleges won't even give a crap about freshman year. If you truly try to aim high and actually try hard, then go for it!

Colleges take a small glimpse at elementary school and middle school, but high school is where they actually look at the things you've done. That's what I've heard, anyways. At the rate you're going, I think you'll do fine. Not only that, you seem to be really trying hard with all those summer programs and such. Good luck.
Jahari

Postby Elwell » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Yes, you'll make up for it. A well university will fully grasp that a scholar goes to difference plenty among freshman and senior 12 months. These alterations would comprise research behavior, adulthood, and total intelligence. Improving your grades is only one step closer to hiding your first 2 years. You additionally have got to do good at the ACT or the SAT. To do that, you have got to learn. Read whatever you'll get your palms on. Reading is helping to upgrade your vocabulary which is helping to upgrade studying comprehension. It additionally would not harm to decide on up a train ACT or SAT guide. They handiest fee 30 greenbacks. Secondly, get concerned. Sign up for golf equipment at university, cross out for monitor, audition for the university play or uncover a significant after university task. Keep in brain, although, it is bigger to be the president of 1 membership than a member in five. I consider the pronouncing is going do not be the "jack of all trades and grasp of not anything." Good success, and be definite to don't forget that in which you went to university is not virtually as principal as what you probably did at the same time you had been there.
Elwell

Postby Christoph » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:32 pm

a lot of colleges don't care about freshman and sophomore year. junior year is most important along with senior year.
Christoph

Return to Depression & Weight Loss