Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Worried about my health?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Worried about my health?

Postby donough » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:02 am

Hi there
I'm having some very serious concerns with my health at the moment that are really starting to worry me.
I'll start by saying I'm a 19 year old female. Who's experienced the following over the past few months
-fatigue
-weight loss
-Sensitivity to the cold
-dry hair and skin
-Constipation and now diahhrea 
-depression
-mood swings ( actually been diagnosed with bipolar, although I'm starting to believe theres an underlying cause for the mood swings
-Irritability 
-abnormal menstrual cycles
-concentration problems( ADHD diagnosis since high school.)
-tingling ( this symptom has been the scariest, the tingling is in my legs, feet, ocassinaly head, hands and face, however is always in my legs ( made worse by tight clothes)
-pale appearance
I'm REALLY scared, I have no idea what's going on. It seems like my thyroid as I have almost all o the symptoms of an underactive thyroid. I've had my thyroid tested and 2/4 of the times it has come back underactive, the other times it has been in the normal range. It was abnormal when these symptoms first started, then when re tested is was fine. Do you think my problems could all stem from a thyroid that keeps bouncing from underactive to normal? 
I'm seeing a new doctor at the moment who is sending me for a range or blood tests including my thyroid as he's convinced that's what it is.
I should also state- that althoug it hasn't been officially ruled out I've seen numerous doctors about weather or not it could be MS and they've all said that my symptoms aren't constant with MS and that the tingling would be more sever than it is. I have no numbness, weakness, vision problems, balance or coordination problems or anything else that points to a neuroloical problem.
Doctors have ruled out vitamin B12 defincy and other vitamin deficiencies, liver problems, sciatica, celiac.
The tingling is all over the place( another thing that makes doctors convince it's not MS it's quit symmetrical(I.e appears In both legs)
Hot water eases it and I seem to have no tingling under a nice hot shower
Please help!!!
I'm only 19 and I cant enjoy my life because I'm worried about what's going on with my health all the time:(!!
Also, I was basically healthy other than some depression, concentration issues until a few months ago
P.s currently not on any medication so it's not that either 
donough

Worried about my health?

Postby garnoc53 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 am

If you become increasingly concerned OR your symptoms worsen before you can see your new doctor then I do suggest going to the ER department and getting checked over. Even if it is just for your piece of mind.

I do have a medical condition myself and often when i'm not feeling to well I do go to the ER department, again, even if it is just to check myself over and make sure i'm okay.
garnoc53

Worried about my health?

Postby shuang92 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:06 am

You are in need to figure out your problem. It can be sciatica due to piriformis syndrome.
Its a body disorder, you can fix the problem with exercises & stretches. It will help you to regain healthy life style.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sciatica-Piriformis-Syndrome/177618025654128?sk=wall
http://www.3drx.com/sciaticaIphone
Its a 3D application, provides medical history, set of rehab exercises with notes.
You can have a complete tour of your nerves & muscles.
It will help you to regain your life.
shuang92

Return to Depression & Weight Loss