Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Will A Person With A Fast Metabolism Put On Weight If They Sleep Like 6 Hrs Every Night?

Learn about Food Metabolism

Will A Person With A Fast Metabolism Put On Weight If They Sleep Like 6 Hrs Every Night?

Postby Cecilius » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:39 pm

ok, i am one of those kinds who is blessed with extremely high metabolism

thats to say i find it hard to gain weigh as for the other way round: HELL YEAH, i could burn two or three pounds just by drinking water excessively in couple of days. i exercise a lot to build muscle and eat protein-rich food, in a nutshell a healthy diet (3 main meals with 2 snacks)

but i find it hard to sleep more than 6 hours each night, i do breathing exercises right before going to bed and it calms me down so i can fall asleep easily (around 12am) but one thing that bugs me is that i wake up at exactly 6 am every morning and then im unable to get back to sleep and it's annoying cuzz all the way through morning i keep yawning and feel tired.

do you think sleeping less than 8 hrs will curb muscle gain? cuzz thats the only way i can gain weight and im doing all i can except having an optimal sleep
Cecilius

Postby Avner » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:42 pm

To gain weight, you eat more. Most likely, you are eating a healthy diet, because that maintains weight levels. Vegan and vegetarian diets often lead to weight loss. If you want to gain weight, you have protein shakes of whole milk, and meals with meat. Exercising "a lot" does not build muscle. Exercising as strength training with high stress over short time periods builds muscle. Your exercising is mostly burning calories and keeps you thin.

That's not to say it is bad, unless you are under a BMI of about 19.

You can look that up here: http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.ht...

Now, you may have trouble sleeping, but that is a totally different issue.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sleep/H...

Resting time is good for the body, and if young, you need more sleep.

Not getting enough sleep sometimes causes us to eat more. The body is seeking energy to stay awake. That is normally when we do not go to sleep and instead have a snack, or if tired during the day, to get a food boost. If you are not eating more in lack of sleep, it is not a weight factor.
Avner

Postby Bartleah » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Have you tried Ozs Garcinia Cambogia? Start going from here : http://tinyurl.com/worriednurse81 . This might without any doubt work for your needs!
Bartleah

Postby Avram » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:48 pm

Sleep is pretty important for gaining muscle.
I don't think it'll curb your muscle gain too much, but it'd be worth it to get better sleep to feel better daily.
Avram

Postby lucca79 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Add extra 10 or 15 mins to your cardio routine
lucca79

Postby Eimhin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Try to know the calorie counts before ordering dishes on restaurant
Eimhin

Postby Cleme » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:53 pm

5 hours is plenty of sleep for me, and I race around, and speed thru everything, maybe it's nervous energy, but the results are good! weight stays the same, and all tasks completed!
Cleme

Postby Walker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Walker

Postby Irving » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Your metabolism is not high. It's normal. You may be an ectomorph. You may require little sleep. You may be able to eat a lot of food and never gain an ounce but you're metabolism is just normal.

As long as you wake up on your own and don't have sleep issue (insomnia, RLS, etc), you don't need to worry about sleep interfering with your ability to add muscle assuming you have that ability. If you do have sleep issues, it's not likely they'll interfere with your ability to add muscle but you should see your physician about them anyway.

One of the most common myths or misunderstandings in diet, nutrition, and fitness is that metabolic rate is responsible for a person's natural tendency toward being fat or thin or muscular. Or that metabolic rate can be changed to help lose fat or gain weight. This is not true and easy evidence of that fact can be found here ---> http://www.calculator.net/bmr-calculator...
where basal metabolic rate (BMR) can be calculated with only height, weight, sex, and age. If metabolism was responsible for gaining fat or staying thin, that natural tendency would have to be included in the calculation of BMR. It's not.

It's important to understand this fact because it will put an end to the frustration that comes with trying to change the metabolic rate to create a specific effect such the loss or gain of body weight, fat, or muscle. Unless you have a real medical issue, your metabolism is fine and nothing you do is going to create more than a normal temporary change in metabolic rate with one exception. Adding lean muscle mass will raise your BMR by about 50 cal/day per pound of muscle for as long as you maintain that muscle. That's a lot of work for a little change but for many it's an excellent investment.

If it's important to you to blame something for being an easy or hard gainer, then blame your parents because those propensities are inherited...genetic.
Or blame your soma (body) type (ecto, endo, or mesomorph) and the number of fat cells you have. But don't blame your metabolism because it is nothing more than the totality of the energy exchanges which happen every second of every day as required to sustain your life given the demands of the moment.

Most people would be well advised to not even use the word metabolism as it has no real relevance to the problems of being an easy or hard gainer. It makes no more sense to think about your metabolism in regard to diet or exercise than it does to think about your car's horsepower when pressing on the gas pedal to go or the brake pedal to stop. If you're concerned with losing fat, gaining weight, building muscle, or maintaining, follow good diet, exercise, and fitness strategies and your metabolism will take care of itself.

For more about metabolism, go here ---> http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/metabol...

You need to start thinking about something other than metabolism because that's not the source of your problem. You should also evaluate your information resources because you've been getting some bad info. Check with your doctor.

Good luck and good health!

?
Irving

Postby Burnel » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Take some weight gain, or eat lots of fattening foods e.g. pizza, burgers, pork, junkfood, and beer. Those are some good examples
Burnel

Next

Return to Food Metabolism