Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Why Do I Have A Slow Metabolism ?

Learn about Food Metabolism

Postby Halbart » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Sorry if this is long but I'm a Guy 15 years old and for as long as I could remember I've had a slow metabolism. Im 5'6 and 170 pounds and I'm very active. I play football and my season ended a few months ago but i run track and have practice 5 days a week and I also lift weights three times a week. I've recently have tryed to cut my body fat down and have begin to eat healther and cut out almost all of the junk food out of my diet. I don't eat breakfast, eat lunch at school, and when I get home from track practice I eat like sandwhich or something to hold me over until dinner but whenever I eat sweats or junk food I always end up putting on fat. I have a couple friends that eat a lot more than me but never gain any weight afterwards and I do more working out then them. I get frustrated cause it seems no matter how hard I work I always end up putting on fat. My mom also has this problem so I was wondering if its just genetics but if not can someone tell what I'm doing wrong. Thanks sorry if its long I currently don't know my calorie intake.
Halbart

Postby Kinnard » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:23 pm

It often has to do with genetics. It could be other things too.

See a doctor.

We are not medically trained and neither is the internet.
Kinnard

Postby Flinn » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:25 pm

try to make yourself eat some breakfast, even if it is just a little bit. when you eat in the morning it gets your metabolism going for the day...so if you wait until lunch as you are doing your metabolism isn't going until then and you are missing out on a few hours
Flinn

Return to Food Metabolism