Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Why Do I Hate Famous Pop Celebrities - Especially Sting?

Postby Tupi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:24 am

Background

In Oct 1984, I was lucky enough to be one of the errand boys who would get £5 an hour to run around doing odd jobs, such as passing on messages, picking up litter at the rehearsals for Live Aid at Wembley stadium. I remember one day, I was asked to wait around and remove drinks cups that Sting (who was singing) was leaving around the stage. I remember during a break, me opening my ham and mustard sandwiches and eating them. Sting seemed to be watching me, and I thought he might like one. So I shouted, 'Do you want a bite?' He just looked at me and said, 'No!'

Not 'no thank-you', or maybe a few polite words to explain that he had already eaten with a smile. He just said, 'No!' Nothing else and continued to stare into space.

Ever since then, I have never liked Sting and generally have a dislike for pop stars in general.
I just thought the guy might be hungry, and remember I was only a kid. Does anyone think experiences as a kid shape our thoughts as an adult and we tend to put pop stars on pedestals when we shouldn't. Sting maybe able to sing, but he was rude that day.
Tupi

Postby verddun » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:27 am

I think he was definitely rude. Perhaps he was stressed. He shouldn't have taken it out on you but try not to take it to heart. It's an interesting anecdote to tell your children, the moral being that normal people usually make better role models. So cool you were involved in Live Aid too :)
verddun

Postby Mongwau » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 am

Sting was the lead vocalist and bassist for the ROCK band 'The Police', not a pop singer.
Mongwau

Return to Eat to Live