Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Why Do I Feel Better Than I Have In Months After Stopping My Medication?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Bay » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 pm

I was prescribed an ssri and abilify, and antipsychotic for depression.

After a few months of weight gain, sleepiness, lack of creativity, inabilify to orgasism, and blunted emotions, I didn't take anything yesterday and flushed all of my medication down the toilet last night. I had literally been through 7 drugs and none really helped.

And i woke up today with energy and a smile on my face, and i felt 'normal" for the first time in forever, I feel like I've forgotten what normal was until now. I'm never going to mess with my serotonin again.

Should I tell my doctor or will I just be labeled an uncompliant patient?
Bay

Postby Pay » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:51 pm

I have been an authorized psychotherapist for over 30 years and that i will actual say that I even have seen no or in straight forward terms some victims improve with therapy as properly for schizophrenics who pick it. What you describe is alluring undemanding for part effects and it rather is actual innovations-blowing to be certain rather indicators with the finished therapy that each and one and all psychiatrists seem to prescribe. I comprehend that if I went to a psychiatrist i could receive drugs, anybody is given drugs without connection with compliment or indicators. If I have been you i could hit upon a holistic nondrug oriented therapist to assist you detox off those, besides the undeniable fact that sometimes now not unexpectedly. Then actual paintings on the rather subject concerns in communicate therapy.
Pay

Postby Burchard » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Im 19 and I all out stopped taking my meds at 18 ( I had been taking medicane sense i was 13) I believe the medican made me suicidal, I also had a severe addiction to adderall, at first it was wonderful i had energy i was social i had no appetite so i lost weight. Then there were nights i couldnt sleep, i became paranoid, i kept running out of meds early, it sucked. I was diagnosed bipolar (which i know now i am not) they had me on anti psychotic meds so i felt like a zombie. I quit cold turkey one day and i feel much better.
Burchard

Postby Lad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:14 pm

I have been a licensed psychotherapist for over 30 years and I can honestly say that I have seen no or very few patients improve with medication except for schizophrenics who need it. What you describe is pretty common for side effects and it is actually impossible to see real symptoms with all the medication that ALL psychiatrists seem to prescribe. I know that if I went to a psychiatrist I would be given drugs, everybody is given drugs regardless of need or symptoms. If I were you I would find a holistic nondrug oriented therapist to help you detox off these, but probably not all at once. Then actually work on the real issues in talk therapy.
Lad

Postby Hud » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Stopping medication like that is hazardous.
Perhaps wean yourself off? You might get really bad rebound depression is all.....

In any case, you have to decide whether the side effects outweigh the benefits, and if that's the case, then the drugs aren't worth taking.
The doctor may label you as not complying but you shouldn't care - as it's your health and it's ultimately your decision.

I am the epitome of uncompliant.
I just found out I have epilepsy, only seize once in a blue moon, but they want me to take this ghastly medication, the side effects are dreadful and I won't take it.
I think my neuro is going to give me a hard time when I see him next.
Hud

Return to Depression & Weight Loss