Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Why Do Christians Discriminate Against Homosexuals?

Postby Cathall » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:44 am

I'm not homosexual, but I see a lot of anti-gay advertising from the Christian community.
They don't even allow them to marry in the United States! Isn't that depriving someone of their rights? They say their religion is peace, love and understanding but they discriminate and ridicule homosexuals and atheists.
I thought God loved us all regardless of our beliefs.
http://www.ontopmag.com/images/ArticleIm... http://www.thegavoice.com/images/stories... http://www.back2stonewall.com/wp-content...

http://exploreclarion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/photo2.jpg

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/CatholicRadioBillboard1.jpg

Christians, I want you to look at this next time you feel "persecuted" by any group.
Cathall

Postby Coillcumhann » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:46 am

Discrimination is headquartered on standpoint - have you ever seen that? Is it only a man can gets away with a lighter jail sentence than an additional for downloading in poor health pictures of abuse of kids? Good in step with Manchester courtroom, England, apparently it is if the person calls himself a woman and is said a transsexual. He would not ought to be imprisoned. A straight man would be imprisoned. There may be at all times a precept to dwelling. It is just right or unhealthy, high or low but there may be always a precept. What Christians should search is actuality, and with it love and justice and mercy. The situation is these words had been misused and abused in secular west for the period of the twentieth century. So the actual fact you might have seen this video, pick out these many which exhibit the secular atheists or LGBTs aggressively attacking and intimidating Christians as good. And make a judgment as to where a simply steadiness should be positioned, on the grounds that at the second because the Catholic church can testify in Belgium as good as a few in for the duration of Europe, Christians being rounded up for simply being Christians has already begun.
Coillcumhann

Postby Inerney » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 am

I have no problem with homosexuals, their still God's people. They deserve the same love and respect as everyone else. Who are we to judge them?
Inerney

Postby Makya » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:50 am

Why don't you ask Muslims that question too? At least Christians do not put them to death like many Muslim countries would.
Many groups and individuals besides Christians believe in traditional marriage. You see these billboards as anti-gay, they are supporting traditional marriage.
Why do gays feel that they have to cram their lifestyle down our throats and if we don't they get nasty and even try to destroy any public figure who doesn't support them?

I do not hate gays but that lifestyle goes against the laws of nature.
If they are true to their lifestyle they cannot reproduce which means eventually they would all die out.

You say that you are an atheist. Well I see a lot of nastiness and belittling of Christians on YA by you and your pals. Why don't you do the same to Muslims? Afraid? If you choose not to believe in God then what does it matter to you that most people do believe in God? Are you so miserable that you have to lash out and attack our beliefs? If you want to go through life not believing in God and die and find out you were wrong so be it.
That is your choice.
I wouldn't live my life any other way.
My choice.
Makya

Postby Coowescoowe » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:51 am

Christians do not hate nor discriminate against homo. But they show what God's intention is that they may have mercy at the day of judgment
Coowescoowe

Postby Padruig » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:11 am

I see a lot of anti-gay advertising from the Christian community.

umm ... God-given free expression is not a sin.

at least i don't see christians starting a mob and protesting, going amok ... burning cars, buildings, killing just bc the govt refuse to do things God's way.

reading you, i can't help seeing that your mind may not be as sane you would like to believe.

listen, if the homosexuals can marry legally, then

why can't a 45 yr old man marry a 6 yr old girl ... or

why can't a man rape a woman and then declares that he wants to marry her so that he does not get jail time,

or why can't one woman marry 2 men, 3 men ... if they are happy to marry her and live under the same roof ,

why can't a man marry his dog and make it legal... and the list goes on ...

there must be law and order, no ?

this is NOT about homosexuals. It is all about doing things the RIGHT WAY.

is it right for muslims to fly a plane into a building and kill innocent lives ?

according to YOU ... anything goes ..

complaining and getting all fumed up over such things makes me think you will , indeed, be happy in hell ...
Padruig

Postby bradleah » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:15 am

Homosexual sex is a sin.
That is established in Exodus.
It is worthy of Death, shown in Genesis(Sodom & Gomorrah).
It is called out as part of the impure lusts in the New Testament.
The point is several times in the Bible, it is pointed out as sin and something to be avoided at all costs.
God loves everyone, but he will punish the disobedient.
A love of sin is incompatible with a love of Christ.
If a homosexual will not stop the sex, he/she has shown they love the sin more than they love Christ.
That is the breaking point for going to Hell.
bradleah

Postby Chapman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:30 am

I am a Christian. I go to a Presbyterian Church, I pray, I read the Bible. But I think that Gays have the same rights that we all do. I don't have anything against them, but I am not going to go stand on the streets with signs protesting. I love the gays! :)
Chapman

Postby Ettore » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:35 am

No one is being discriminated against.
Everyone has the same rights in this country according to the law, which states that marriage is between a man and woman.
It is a free country and people are free to put up billboards of whatever they want.

Yes God loves everyone but He doesn't condone sin or going against His laws, just like parents love their child but want that child to obey them.

@Splash, that would be fine to make divorce illegal. I think people (incl some Christians) get married and divorced too easily and take the easy way out.

@Dave, God told us twice in the New Testament that we can eat whatever we want.
There are no unclean foods.
Ettore

Postby Anoki » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:43 am

Christians do not as a group discriminate against anyone.
You may find some individuals who get a chip on their shoulder about it, but that is an exception and not the rule.
Christians prupose is to draw others to Christ, not beat them down.
That being said, it is part of our commission to stand against sin and to enlighten others when they are on the path to damnation.

Why does homosexuality get more attention than theft, murder, etc? Because society as a whole doesn't legitimize and accept theft, murder, etc.
But homosexuality which is clearly defined as a sin is pushed upon everyone as being normal and good.
This is diametrically opposed to God's teachings and is why many Christians stand firm against it.

As to marriage, I would suggest that if the gays had spend anywhere near as much time pushing for civil unions as they have trying to redefine a word whose meaning was set thousands of years ago, they could have all the same rights right now.
I have to wonder sometimes why there is so much insistence on redefining marriage.
Could it be some form of vengence against those who do not accept thier point of view?

God does love us all.
That is why He gave us all the free will to choose or reject Him.
Just remember that while God is loving and merciful, He is also righteous.
He allows you to make your own choice about Him, and then He will hold you responsible for whatever choice you make.
Whatever becomes of it, it is on your own head.
Anoki

Next

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem