Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Why Did My Cats Poop Turn Soft?

Learn about Food Nutrition

Postby Jilt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:04 pm

About 1 1/2 years ago, my cat's poop turned soft and now that I think about it, perhaps around the time I added Wellness Diet to his regime of foods. I added it for his breakfast for all the veggies and such.
His usual food has always been Royal Canin and remains so.
I also feed him wet fish every 2 nights.
Because he once had a hair ball stuck and spent a night at the vet at 2 years old, I wondered if he did again and took him to our new vet.
She put him on an anit-parasite med, but it did nothing.
His blood work and all tests are normal with normal everything.
Yet, now, because his stool is soft, she says she wants to do a complete exploratory of every organ! What! He is normal otherwise....eats normal...sleeps, drinks, plays, is clear-eyed and all.
Why do I want to cut him to pieces.
Would it make more sense to try taking him off this high-veggie diet instead? Help!
Jilt

Postby Danell » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:28 pm

every organ? that doesn't make any sense.
A biopsy of the intestine does, but beyond that.. no, that's just crazy.

I know of several cats that had soft stool if not out and out explosive diarrhea and leaking diarrhea when they sat in one spot too long that were immediately transformed when they were put on a high protein low plant based ingredient diet.
I personally gave them a raw food diet and with in a day all of them showed dramatic improvement.

Will this help for your cat? I have no idea.
I do not know what is going on with your cat.
Would I recommend you try it? I can't.
I don't know what is going on with your cat.. might it have a blockage? were x-rays taken? might it be an allergy to chicken (or beef, or fish?)

If you want to try it, you could do something as simple as feed your kitty some plain raw meat from the butcher for a day and see what happens.
Keep a very close eye, look for ANY changes.. It will not be a balanced diet by any means, but for one day (or three) it won't make that much of a difference and it will let you know if you are on the right track or not.

To learn more about nutrition, check out http://www.catinfo.org and http://feline-nutrition.org
Danell

Return to Food Nutrition