Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Why am I considered too skinny, but Victoria's Secret models are icons?

Postby vallis » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

I don't know why my question was deleted...I guess I'll try again because the last one had some nice answers that made a lot of sense.

I'm 23-years-old. I have the same weight and measurements of the average Victoria's Secret model. My body is almost exactly like Alessandra Ambrosio's. So why does my family and everyone make fun of me all the time for being too skinny? Why can the Victoria's Secret models get away with it, but I can't? I'm just looked at like an alien and they are sex objects. I went into a Chinese restaurant today and a woman told me "you need eat more!" But almost all young Chinese girls I've seen are even skinnier than me!

I eat so much food but just can't gain weight..I've always been like this. I'll eat all the junk in the world and maybe look a little bigger in the day, but the next morning it's all gone. Plus, I have a small bone frame. So it's not an issue of me choosing to be this slim.

Am I imagining things, and do Victoria's Secret models look too skinny? Or do they look fine? When I'm in my clothes I get made fun of all the time, but when I get into a bathing suit people say I have a VS body.

I'm confused and I cry all the time over this...it hurts my feelings. People don't go up to chubby girls and tell them to lose weight or stare at them...double standard.

Also, if I were to exercise my legs, would the muscle mass make them look thicker or just make them smaller? I can't for the life of me gain weight in my thighs.
vallis

Postby nemesio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:40 pm

It doesnt matter how people look at you...I know it hurts your feelings now but if people are making fun of you it just means that are jealous of what you have. Be confident and realize how goregeous you are and how lucky you are to have the body you have:)
nemesio

Postby mahkah63 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Wanna switch body's?
mahkah63

Postby gottfried76 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:53 pm

My sister is naturally thin - she can eat twice as much as I do, never works out, and never gains an ounce. It's just her metabolism

Whenever anyone makes a comment about her weight, which she is very self-conscious about, she now turns to them and says "I have cancer" and that shuts them up immediately - and hopefully will make them think twice before ever making comments like that to another person
gottfried76

Postby manley » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:57 pm

There are several reasons. So you work out? A lot of the models have a bit of muscle mass that gives their body form. Muscle tone is sexy. Also the camera adds weight. When you see the models in person they look like tall skinny girls. Nothing wrong with that... a lot of guys really like tall lanky women. Look at the model in the last Transformers movie. Don't forget that most of the photos are touched up. Rejoice if you have that body type. Most women in America envy you, don't let them keep you from feeling confident. Keep in good shape and appreciate yourself.
manley

Postby nathrach31 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:02 pm

To answer your question about VS models, yes, most of them are too skinny. The only reason why people see them differently than normal people is because they get paid lots of money to be too skinny and because the only time that people see how skinny they are is when they are in their underwear, which is a stupid concept in my opinion.

About gaining weight, you should visit a doctor or a nutrition expert and see if he or she can recommend a healthy weight-gaining diet for you.

About your legs, doing lots of exercises will increase your muscle mass in them, which should result in noticeably thicker legs if you do the right types of exercises.

Don't worry about being skinny for your image, and instead, worry about it for your health. Don't worry about what other people say about you. In the words of Dr. Seuss, "those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
nathrach31

Postby arvil » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm sure that clothed Victoria's Secret models get crap for how malnourished they look when they aren't prancing around half-naked. You have a fast metabolism, but stop trying to gain weight by overeating because once you're older, you're going to become overweight (unless you don't mind that then by all means, eat!). But anyway, as for leg toning, it might make them look thicker.
arvil

Return to Slimming World