Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Where Would I Go To Meet People On An Occasional Basis?

Postby Maed » Wed May 24, 2017 5:31 pm

I am somewhat of a loner because of emotional abuse as a kid in school. I am now 27 and would like to meet people in a group setting but not on a regular basis (more like once or twice a week). I often imagine I am socializing with others but am not actually doing so. Where would I go to meet people? I am on anti-anxiety medicine so for the time being I cannot go out much at night (too fatigued). I did enjoy being social at a football game once where I went alone but posted on Facebook that I was going and so knew where acquaintances were sitting (2nd cousins, neighbors of my parents, and an in-law of my sister's.)
Maed

Postby Heort » Wed May 24, 2017 5:33 pm

if is doing cocain in public this is a extensive situation no shame tells me she is doing it greater suitable than she is telling you no drug that solid and addictive must be appeared previous you need to be very anxious
Heort

Postby Rohan » Wed May 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Obviously the corner bar is the last place you're looking for. School's out because you're not in school any more.

Use google or yahoo groups to find local special interest groups in your areas of interests. Gaming groups, book clubs, groups for fans of (fill in the blank), groups that do crafts, stamp collectors, bird watchers, whatever. Join some groups and see if you hit it off with any of them. There are even groups of people who just get together to have somebody to go to the movies with.

If you live near a nice park, walk your (hypothetical) dog at the same time on the same route everyday, or take him to a dog park. Good way to meet people.

Join a gym or rec center and take up a sport, or strike up a conversation with the people next to you in the weight room or in the pool.

If you live in am apartment, start hanging out by the pool. Use the grill to cook a bunch of hotdogs and offer them to whoever else is there.

Take an adult education class in any subject that catches your fancy. Arrange a study group with some other students.
Rohan

Return to Weight Watchers Diet