Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

When Does Spanking Turn In To Sexual Abuse?

Postby Denham » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:02 pm

When I was 7-10 years old, my parents would punish me by taking off my pants and slapping me with a belt as hard as they could while screaming at me. My mom has anger management problems so it was bad. She would usually spank me until I screamed and couldn't move. The purpose was to inflict pain

I have had effects from it. I have body image problems. I've been though suicide attempts, cutting, eating disorders, substance abuse, depression, and a strong distrust for women.
Denham

Postby McCloud » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:03 pm

It would depend on where you are and who you ask because spanking a bare butt is a very fine line!

I would say, as long as that is all she did, there was no sexual abuse, but if you don't have proof of these beatings (ie: eye witnesses, bruises, scars, etc) then there is nothing anyone will do about it.
McCloud

Postby Asriel » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Yes,I believe it is
Asriel

Postby Dirrnyg » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Spanking is wrong full stop. I don't care if people think it's okay, being slapped myself didn't do anything and it only teaches your kids that inflicting pain for punishment is okay, when it's not. Talking and telling of or grounding is better. When i did a little thing wrong, my mums physco husband used to slap me, that turned to pinning up against walls and spitting in my face, that turned to smashing body parts against walls and that turned to smashing my head against a wall, pushing my head to a bed and then pulling so hard at my hair i nearly had to go to the hospital and it hurt for about a month after. It is abusive and idiotic. If your going to bring up a kid do it the right way, not the wrong way. I also don't trust guys because my childhood and teenage hood has been ruined by abuse and anger and drinking and screaming, i also don't talk to any of my family anymore exept my own mother because i never had a family growing up, i didn't have a dad, i didn't talk to my half brothers, my grandma and grandad and aunties i was never close to or part of a family. I had to be independant. It's all turned to my advantage though. I learnt alot and know i will never treat anyone like i got treated, and not having a family means that i had to be independant from a very young age and still am.
Dirrnyg

Postby Caddawyc » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Spanking doesn't have to "turn into" sexual abuse; it IS sexual abuse, because you are touching a person's butt (private area) against their will.
Caddawyc

Postby Iob » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:18 pm

I believe it turns into abuse when you are doing to harm your child, to cause pain and when you lose control (like your mum did).

I believe that "bare bottom" spanking is cutting a very fine line against sexual abuse. There is no need to take your child's clothes off to punish them.
Iob

Postby breanainn » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:20 pm

That's physical abuse! Your wrong to say it's sexual abuse when their's kids and adults out there who really get abused sexually.
breanainn

Postby Brychan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:22 pm

If you feel sexually abused by it who is anyone else to tell you different? It's really a subjective term that's passed off as objective based on federal, state, or even county laws.
Brychan

Postby Fearghall » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:23 pm

If your mother became sexually excited by it, then it is sexual abuse. I would call this simply, physical abuse.
You should consider getting some help.
If you can deal with this and heal from it, you will be a happier person. I am sorry this happened to you.
Fearghall

Return to Body Image and Self Esteem