Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

What Should I Do? Work On An Oil Rigg Or Go To A Police Academy And Be A Cop?

Learn about Food Nutrition

Postby Saer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:15 pm

It's a tough decision for me, I'd like the workout of an oil rigg and also the amount of time off while still being paid well, and also the chance for quick advancement

For a police officer I'd like to keep drunk drivers off the road and lock up violent offenders as well as the fact I can focus on my nutrition better by staying around a town more, and also get to do some things I like in my off time since you're generally around a town/city more. I'm vegetarian for the most part so wouldn't wanna be at a rigg eating food that doesn't make me feel good if it came to that since a lot of riggs are 7 days on 7 off or up to a month at a rigg and I don't think you would get to be too choosy about the food.

Hopefully somebody who works or knows something about both fields can comment on this, but anybody can feel free to comment on which path you would choose or think I should take
Saer

Postby Lauritz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:21 pm

time to do the research,make phone calls,and ask questions.

ask questions as in:Do You Have Vegetable And Fruit Options??

if you choose to go to a police academy and become an officer of the law go to http://www.yellowpages.com and in their search box to the right type the zip

code of where you live.in their search box next to it type single phrases such

as Buffet Restaurants,Healthy Restaurants,Pizza Restaurants,and

Vegetarian Restaurants and ask for a take home menu.

for information on vegetarian and vegan options at fast food places go to http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.net/Ot...

also go to http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.net/In...
Lauritz

Postby Hrychleah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm

Cop has far more interesting life experiences, even if the pay isn't as good. You can always change later.
Hrychleah

Postby Anscomb » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:34 pm

At least working on an oil rig, if you get injured it will probably be your own fault.
As a cop, you can be injured or killed for no better reason that you pulled over a speeding car that had a hopped-up drug dealer behind the wheel with 20 pounds of Meth in the trunk and a Glock in his lap.
A friend of mine took two in the vest that way.
he survived but he is not a cop anymore, he's an HVAC technician now.

Being a cop will NEVER pay very well.
It's a very STRESSFUL job.
You are never going to have a mansion and for the most part, the people (citizens, etc) you deal with on a daily basis will never appreciate the work that you do.

on an oil rig, you are paid well, the work is hard, more vacations/breaks and your work schedule is at least, predictable.
You are also not held to the higher than normal standard of conduct that police officers are held to.
Anscomb

Postby Hassun » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:03 pm

Id go with oil. Id think it would be a much nicer work environment.
Hassun

Return to Food Nutrition