Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

What's Your Best Sugar-free Cookie Recipe?

Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss

Postby jobe » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:01 am

I want to make cookies for a diabetic friend. The recipe needs to contain no sugar at all. I've been to Splenda's website, and they offer a few completely sugar-free recipes, but only a couple that sound appealing(Deep Chocolate Shortbread, for example).What's your favorite sugar-free cookie recipe -- cookies that taste "real" and a recipe that's reliable? Thanks for sharing!
jobe

Postby Diamond » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:23 pm

These are my daughter's favourite - Sugar-Free Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Banana Cookies Using flour with oatmeal and relying on an optional dash of maple syrup for sweetness, this sugar-free recipe will be sure to please every health-conscious cookie lover!INGREDIENTS: * 1/3 cup peanut butter * 2 ripe bananas(overripe is fine) * 1 tsp vanilla * 2 tbsp soy milk * 2 tbsp maple syrup(optional) * 2 ½ cups quick cooking or rolled oatmeal * dash cinnamon(optional) * 1/4 cup flourPREPARATION:In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add peanut butter, soy milk, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 13-16 minutes at 350 degrees, or until done.Note: This recipe is only truly sugar-free if you used unsweetened peanut butter and unsweetened soymilk, so read the ingredients list and look for soy milk that says "Unsweetened" right on the label. Sources: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/desertrecipes/r/pbbananacookies.htm TakeaChillPillYo 87 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Diamond

Postby braedon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:23 am

I'm not going to waste an answer slot on this because it's not an actual recipe. I just use regular cookie recipes and subsitute Splenda for Baking. It's especially good in chocolate chip cookies, I can't tell the difference at all.
braedon

Postby Marvin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:53 am

I'm a pastry chef and I have a few recipes, but I think a quick tip might be easiest for you: if you are baking with splenda, add a bit of acid, such as cream of tartar or lemon juice, to the recipe. The acid reacts chemically with the splenda to cut out that after taste, virtually eliminating the usual giveaway that its a sugar substitute. I can't be too specific, because batches are in different sizes, but usually 1 tsp per batch is enough, perhaps a bit more but not a tablespoon.
Marvin

Postby Hawiovi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Using flour with oatmeal and relying on an optional dash of maple syrup for sweetness, this sugar-free recipe will be sure to please every health-conscious cookie lover!INGREDIENTS: * 1/3 cup peanut butter * 2 ripe bananas(overripe is fine) * 1 tsp vanilla * 2 tbsp soy milk * 2 tbsp maple syrup(optional) * 2 ½ cups quick cooking or rolled oatmeal * dash cinnamon(optional) * 1/4 cup flourPREPARATION:In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add peanut butter, soy milk, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 13-16 minutes at 350 degrees, or until done.Note: This recipe is only truly sugar-free if you used unsweetened peanut butter and unsweetened soymilk, so read the ingredients list and look for soy milk that says "Unsweetened" right on the label.
Hawiovi

Postby Adamson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:32 am

Valentine214 said: 3 I'm a pastry chef and I have a few recipes, but I think a quick tip might be easiest for you: if you are baking with splenda, add a bit of acid, such as cream of tartar or lemon juice, to the recipe. The acid reacts chemically with the splenda to cut out that after taste, virtually eliminating the usual giveaway that its a sugar substitute. I can't be too specific, because batches are in different sizes, but usually 1 tsp per batch is enough, perhaps a bit more but not a tablespoon. 64 months ago
Adamson

Postby Dewayne » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:36 am

cutiekitty1788 said: 2 I'm not going to waste an answer slot on this because it's not an actual recipe. I just use regular cookie recipes and subsitute Splenda for Baking. It's especially good in chocolate chip cookies, I can't tell the difference at all. 87 months ago
Dewayne

Return to Weight Loss Recipes