Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

What Is Wrong With Me?

Discuss Bulimia

What Is Wrong With Me?

Postby Fagin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:42 am

Hello. I am a twelve year old girl in seventh grade and I have alot of problems.... What is wrong with me??!!

1. I'm completely antisocial. I hate talking and I always shy away when Im going to talk to someone. I'm always even to scared to ask for a pencil.

2. I am 5'3 and weigh 127 lbs and I feel sooooo fat and I look sooooo fat. I play soccer and basketball but I'm still fat and my thighs are big and my stomach is flabby and my arms are ok but they still have some Chubb on them. I've had serious thought of annerexia (I know I didn't spell that right..) and bulimia but I haven't become annerexic because I've heard that when you starve yourself and then eat agin you become fat again and I could never become bulimic because I hate throwing up.

3. I tell all my problems to my health teacher. I honestly think of her more as a friend than a teacher because I trust her with anything. I've only told her about my social issues though.

4. I don't want to ask for help because I'm too shy.

5. I cut myself.

What is wrong with me!? Please help me!
Fagin

What Is Wrong With Me?

Postby Thorp » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:44 am

It sounds like you should fill yourself up with good things...do activities you like, be around friends and family who care about you and help you relax, and eat healthily (lots of fruit, vegetables, and whole grain, NO soda). You need to feel good and happy, not deprived and bad. Look for ways to treat yourself that don't involve food -- feed your heart and soul a lot, then you won't have to fill up emptiness with food. And do some stealth kindnesses for others; you'll feel better about yourself too.

If you only need to lose 10 pounds, you are thin enough not to need to punish yourself the week before your birthday. (I know, 10 lbs can be a lot...I'm 4' 11" and always working on those 10.) You could try the 3 No S program I am (no sweets, no seconds, no snacks -- it helps me lose a couple pounds a week.)

Make sure you drink a lot of water and eat a good amount of fiber (whole grains, fruits, seeds, etc.) so that your digestion is working well. Go do things, physically, walk, dance, do some yardwork, or other outside stuff so you won't be in the house with the fridge. Put away the electronics and clear your head and just take a walk.

Please don't cut, ever. (You can put a rubber band around your wrist and snap it instead. Serves the same purpose but leaves you intact.) Stay whole and beautiful, just as you are, and do not punish yourself for wanting to feel happy. Get a manicure for those hands that have so many talents and don't deserve to be poked. Please enjoy discovering all kinds of interesting new ways to make your life full, not your tummy. Be around people who'll give you that hug, make you laugh a lot.

And know that somewhere out here is a mom who's rooting for you to feel good about yourself, to be healthy, and to thoroughly enjoy all the celebrations that are coming up. (You can also keep a journal, to write down any worries you might have about all that's going on...it's a lot, and if you need to talk to someone about what's stressing you, please do...and research says that people who keep track of what they eat are more successful at dieting. And keep a journal so that you can look back, as a grandma, and remember all the excitement and fears of your teen years. I'm not a grandma yet, but I have learned that other people's opinions of me doesn't matter, that most of the time people are busy thinking about themselves anyway, and that life really is about learning to know and love yourself.)
Thorp

What Is Wrong With Me?

Postby Bradbourne » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:45 am

hey! im 12 too!

1) that's completely normal for you to be shy, alot of people are! just chill out, i can be like that sometimes too, but you gotta have confidence in yourself and you'll do just fine.

2) maybe try eating healthier or working out? mile walk each day? don't try to become anorexic or bulimia!

3) thats great that you feel comfortable with her/him!

4) you feel comfortable w/ your health teacher, why not the other teachers? they won't bite hun! they're just trying to help..

5) please don'ttttttttt cut. it only makes things worse. you have a home, you go to school, you are alive, you have a family. why are you cutting?
Bradbourne

What Is Wrong With Me?

Postby kirby » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:50 am

First of all there is nothing wrong with you. The things that are wrong is that society is telling you that you have something wrong with you. But there are things to do that can help you. First of all try to make some friends, one or two in every class ad then slowly you will become more social and have mroe friends. Second you weigh very little compared to alot people but yes it may feel that way because you are looking at yourself compared to other around you that may be skinny and not the ones such as yourself. Third there is no need to feel that way there may be a vitamin that can even help you to lose weight. Fourth thats good that you have an adult to tell things to everyone really should. fifth its not the best choice to cut it will leave scars as you may already know and when you get older and have children they will ask what happened and it will be difficult to explain to them what they are from. And jsut because you are afraid to ask for help doesn't mean you shouldn't.

I hope you have luck and this helps because I really would like to help you.
kirby

Return to Bulimia