Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

What Is This Sickness?

Learn about Food Metabolism

What Is This Sickness?

Postby Gresham » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:35 am

I know I have already asked this question but nobody answered it :(

First off.. I am a 17 year old male. No allergies that I know off, no disorders, I don't take any medication or or anything like that. So for about the last week I have had little to no appetite. I get hungry and then after eating just a little I start to feel nauseous. I have usually been able to eat a fair amount at suppertime (still less than normal). Besides that I have no other symtoms. I have had a fair amount of energy considering the lack of food, and no coughing or sore throat or anything. I wake up in the morning and drink a glass of orange juice and in the shower I almost throw up. I can keep it back by spitting and not swallowing. I have tried drinking other stuff like apple juice and water and the same thing happens. One morning I had a piece of toast and the same thing happened. I usually eat breakfast at break (about 2 hours after waking) and for the last week I can only nibble a few things before feeling nauseous again. The same thing happens at lunch. For some reason at supper I have been able to eat more before the feeling comes back. Each time I am eating I start to feel nauseous, kind of like that feeling at thanksgiving when you have eaten to much already. My stomach doesn't feel hungry but it doesn't feel full either, It just won't let me it anymore food. (sorry if that makes no sense at all). Nothing major has changed in my life. In past years, I have gone through days without eating because of anxiety or depression and this is nothing like that. I am happy and satisfied with my life just like I have been before. I have went from weighing 153 to 145 in this weeks time. (usually I eat a **** ton of food) I have a very fast metabolism and play sports and exercise. (not so much this week, just a few ski races). I would say I consume about 4000-5000 calories depending on the day. And this week I would guess only about 1000 each day if I am lucky. Obviously I know this isn't healthy, but I have actually felt fine considering.. Maybe just a little less energetic than usual. I am planning on seeing a doctor if this doesn't go away within the next few days. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about it. thanks!
Gresham

What Is This Sickness?

Postby Coyne » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:39 am

It might be a stomach flu or food poisoning, but I'd only be guessing.

You should have already seen a doctor.

You are having energy due to Ketosis, or Ketoacidosis, it won't last much longer.
Coyne

Return to Food Metabolism