Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

What Is The Best Way To Cut Fat And Gain Muscle At The Same Time?

Postby avishai75 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:20 pm

Diet and exercise. You don't need more than 30 minutes of cardio unless you are working out for an endurance event. Unless you are working out for a specific event or to be a weight lifter or body builder, you don't need the protein shakes either. To loose weight, you need to eat less calories than you burn. YuLiQigong 74 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
avishai75

Postby gaylen10 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:14 pm

Cut the protein shakes and amino acids, first and foremost.   Good hard physical work, however you do it, and a well-balanced diet are the key.    Come on over and clean the stalls and rotate the compost heaps with me of a morning....LOL. You'll get muscle!
gaylen10

Postby Monohan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:30 pm

You are one & nothing happens in isolation.   Your efforts as described seem to be at odds with each other.   You lose fat by consuming less calories than you burn.  Calories are either used or stored as fat.   Toning maintains your present body status.  To gain muscle you must increase the weight lifted in your program.  Muscle burns more calories than fat.     I would suggest cutting the protein shakes, & then the amino acids if you don?t see results.     If I knew your Body Weight & amount of weight lifted for each exercise, I could provide some more insight.   Is your heartrate at an effective level for maximum benefit for cardio exercise.  You need factor is age for this.
Monohan

Postby Mikhos » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:53 am

Aerobic exercise is nearly a waste of time in comparison to other things that you can do. At least as far as a long term metabolic effect. Your metabolism returns to normal just minutes after you finish an aerobic(cardio) session, but it still burns calories.   This is how I help to keep my weight in check,lose weight before a competition(more to it than I?ll post here-but this would be a temporary fix) and ensure that I eat healthy foods.My diet is different,but so are my goals.I?ll give you these guidelines.   Doing strength training first,then your aerobic work is far better,because: Strength traing depeletes gycogen(stored carbohydrate),then you can focus on burning fat during the aerobic work. Strength tarining also increases lean body mass(muscle) which is far more metabolic than any other type of tissue.   Diet has recently been shown to be more effective than exercise,for weight reduction,but a combination of both is best.Pay careful attention,this says "healthy" diet.    http://health.yahoo.com/news/healthday/healthydietsbeatexerciseforweightloss   Now a healthy diet consists of a balance of all of the important nutrients and macronutrients.That boils down to eating 5-6 small meals per day, over the customary 3.     The reason for splitting your meals into smaller portions is to control the rise in blood glucose(blood sugar).When blood glucose exceeds a certain level insulin is secreted to control the BG levels.At this point one of two things will happen.Insulin will transport the glucose to the liver andf muscles, to be stored as glycogen,or convert it to fat and store in in adipose tissue.   So eating lower glycemic vegetables, more protein(thermic effect) and beneficial fats are the key, along with portion control.   Glycemic index.   http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/glycemicfoodchart.htm   Here?s where you figure that out.Count your calories and base your daily caloric intake on your BMR, which can be calculated here.    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/   Next,water.This is a new clinical study conducted on water and the rise in metabolism.    http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20040105/drinking-water-may-speed-weight-loss     Drinking enough water will also prevent water retention. Yep-sounds crazy, but it?s true.   If you continue to follow these dietary guidelines the weight will probably never come back, even if you eventually curtail your exercise program, but you?ll have to cut calories more, with less exercise
Mikhos

Previous

Return to Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle