Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

What Foods Should I Eat On An Atkins Diet?

Postby Inerney » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:45 am

Atkins is a good starting point, but I just want to make sure that you're REALLY aware exactly what it is. Atkins is not much more than a variant of a ketogenic diet. It's not an original idea (just a variant), and there's TONS of resources you can find out there to find food ideas.

Ketogenic diets are low-carb, high-fat just like Atkins. I'm not sure the specifics of Atkins but basically you want to trick your body into burning more fats, by consuming less carbohydrates. This is a ridiculously difficult struggle because based on government regulation and standards, carbs are our #1 energy source no matter what way you cut it. Axing them from your diet is tough, but very doable.

Search for keto recipes, foods, communities, and that will be a great resource. Currently I consider myself keto, and eat very simply. I also integrate paleo foods, which makes my shopping list a little narrower but easier to make out.

Chicken is a great start, as it's universally liked and you can do a TON with it. Try to get it with skin, and you can grill it, bake it, whatever. I usually grill a few breasts and keep them in the fridge for lunch or to snack on. From there, dairy is a perfect low-carb food source, and recipe ingredient.

Cheese is carb-free, delicious, versatile, and packed with the fats you need for ketosis. Sour cream is the same, and cream is great for these diets. Drink coffee with lots of creamer (but no sweeteners or sugar!), and eggs for breakfast. Add some bacon, and you've got a no-carb feast! I'm sure there's lots of people who would be jealous of me losing weight while eating bacon/eggs, 3 cups of coffee brimming with creamer, snacking on cheese sticks and pepperoni and munching on shredded chicken all day. That's just an idea of how things are going for me today!
Inerney

Postby Ronald » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:47 am

confusing thing query using yahoo or google this might help
Ronald

Postby Arte » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:50 am

Paleohacks is the single biggest online Paleo community anywhere filled with tens of thousands of people actually thriving on eating Paleo. Go here https://tr.im/XW30o

Inside, you'll not only get 125 delicious mouthwatering recipes, they've also included some great bonuses as well to help you get started as fast as possible.
Arte

Postby Arte » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:51 am

Atkins died from being hit by a car. Don't lie for the benefit of the carb nuts. Get the book at the library. He says to limit carbs to 20 grams per day. That means limit bread and cerial, the stuff they feed hogs to fatten them up. After a couple weeks you start eating vegetables. No sugar or sweets, for they make you crave more and you won't stay on the diet. No beer or wine, but a shot of hard stuff is ok once in a while. I did it, it is fun, and it works.
Arte

Postby clifford1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:54 am

clifford1

Return to Atkins Diet