Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

What Exercises Do Models Do?

Postby Tyrelle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:10 pm

well If you want to look like a model, you need to do more than just look after your complexion. To really make it in the modeling world, your body has to look the part too.

i suggest these exercises:

Lifestyle

It doesn't need to be much - just a few small lifestyle changes and you'll be doing more exercise without even knowing it! During my career I have burned hundreds of calories each day crossing town to go to castings and jobs. Here are some other ideas:

- Walk up the stairs at work rather than catch the elevator.

- Walk to the local shops rather than drive.

- Park your car further away from your workplace.

- Take the dog for a walk, rather than leaving him in the yard.

Another great idea is to increase your water intake. As well as prolonging your life and keeping your internal organs (liver, kidney etc) clean and healthy, water also speeds up your metabolism and aids weight loss!

Lastly, every model knows the importance of a good night's sleep. Muscle is regenerated during the final hours of sleep. The longer that you sleep, the easier you will find it to add muscle mass and increase your metabolism. Those extra hours are the most crucial ones. Those who sleep more produce less of a hormone named Cortisone, a nasty substance that contributes to belly fat.

Cardio

You can't stay in model shape without putting in those hours in the gym or pounding the pavement. Nothing will keep your body toned and fit like proper cardio exercise, so it should be a part of any weight loss plan you undertake.

They're not for everybody, but if you don't mind gym classes then they really are the best way. Use a professional to get you into shape! Some of my favorites are:

- Aerobic Dance

- Boxercise

- Body Sculpt

Other exercises that are great for weight loss, but low-impact on your joints, are rollerblading, the elliptical machine, skiing and biking. Try to exercise with a friend if you can, make it a social event rather than a chore.

Weights

An often-neglected part of weight-loss programs is weight training. Its a great way to build your body's metabolism so you can stay slim long after you finish your diet!

An intensive weight training session also elevates your metabolism in the immediate aftermath of the session - sometimes for as long as 36 hours afterwards!

Yoga/Pilates

Yoga and Pilates are great for losing weight - they don't just burn calories, they also improve your muscle tone and increase your metabolism in the long term!

I have used Yoga and Pilates for years, as I like the way it tones my body and keeps me slim. It also feels like less of a workout that other exercises!

Yoga and Pilates are actually used regularly by many models, who love the increased muscle tone and better posture they can bring to their photo shoots.

Remember, staying shape is not just something you do for two hours a week at the gym, its a decision that impacts on your whole life. If you do it right, making healthy changes to your lifestyle can actually reduce your gym time.

well those are just some stuffs i know from my chatroom mates....

:0
Tyrelle

Postby Louis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:12 pm

They don't. They keep their figure by puking and starving themselves.
Louis

Postby ashtin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 pm

pilates
ashtin

Postby Cambeul » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:21 pm

they do a lot of finger exercises..... when 1. smoking and 2. puking
Cambeul

Postby Kuhlbert » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:28 pm

PUKE!
Kuhlbert

Postby Achav » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:32 pm

yoga, pilates. Ummm... ballet, swimming (maybe)

But mostly yoga
Achav

Postby Kyne » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:45 pm

pilates!!!
Kyne

Return to Slimming World