Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

What Exactly Is A Modified Version Of The Atkins Diet?

Postby Johnston » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:46 am

Ive been reading a lot on diets, of all sorts and Ive seen a lot of people say that they do their own modified versions...So, do they just leave out all the carbs? I like fruits too much, so I could never go on this diet again. I did try it for 2 months, lost 7 pounds, but, then decided to eat healthier along with exercise. So, was just wondering what a modified version is, thanks....
Johnston

Postby ualtar66 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:48 am

purchase the e book and examine it - you will desire to comprehend why the nutrition recurring is copnstructed the way it incredibly is and you will desire to stick to the teachings. I in basic terms examine considered one of the different solutions and it helps my factor thoroughly - Southpaw has for sure not examine the e book and would not comprehend the perspective. Atkins would not objective for 0 carbs in any respect neither is it a intense protein nutrition recurring - as I reported, examine the e book, all of it. What it unquestionably proposes is a return to eating a organic human nutrition recurring it incredibly is protein, fat, vegetables, end result, nuts and seeds and water.
ualtar66

Postby Thorne » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:49 am

There's no official version of modified Atkins. It could mean simply giving up wheat, giving up refined grains, giving up all grains & not obsessing over the carbs in fruits & veggies, or simply following the basic idea without going through the Atkins phases.

I think obsessing over the carbs in an apple is silly. But I applaud Atkins for emphasizing from where to get most of your calories from: fruits & veggies instead of grains.
Thorne

Postby Bucky » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:51 am

Eating healthier is best. You should stick to it!

Diets don't work, because you can't stick to them forever and you WILL gain weight back after the diet is over.

The best diet is a healthy diet - something you CAN stick to forever. What are you willing to eat/drink for the REST of your life? Because this is what you're supposed to be aiming for.... forever.

A modified atkins diet is probably one where you can have SOME of the things you couldn't eat... ie; small portions of fruit / carbs.

Personally I think fruits are fine - eat them. They are great.

I don't eat much carbs though, I only have maybe some mash or some rice every other day. I no longer eat pasta, pastry, potatoes, chips.... anything that could be carbs, is the same as junk.
Bucky

Return to Atkins Diet