Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

What Does It Mean To Be Christian On A Daily Basis?

Postby Randel » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi, I am a korean missionary kid who grew up in a Christian environment all my life. I've heard the gospel and other bible stories many many times. I know them and yes, I do believe in God.

But to truly worship God, you can't just limit it to Sunday services, devotions, and praying before meals, right?

You gotta live it out --- walk the talk, and be a light to the world. But then again, I get so confused about what it means to really live for Him...

Like it's not like there's guidelines in the Bible about what to do for every hour of your life.. the stuff in the Bible seems pretty general actually, like don't steal, dont lie, dont love money, etc. I just wanna know how to deal with problems such as sleeping in until 10am, watching tv or doing the internet till late night, eating too much sweets, playing computer games, not exercising much, etc. etc. I mean, are these things called sin? Or does God tolerate these things? I know it's not the best way to live, but then again, there is 1 Cor. 10:23 --

"Everything is permissible"?but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"?but not everything is constructive.

Is everything really allowed?? Cuz I feel guilty if I wake up late and do things that aren't beneficial. It's seems like everything is either

right or wrong to me. The right life that I should live is wake up at 5 or 6am and do everything I need to do and etc. rather than sleeping in till noon and just living life sluggishly. I don't know! Would my pattern of life affect my relationship with God??? Or does it not matter?? It's so confusing.

Please help... (preferably Christians -- prostestants, baptists)

Thanks.
Randel

Postby Canning » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Our purpose here on earth is to seek God, allow Him to reveal Himself to us, to experience Him and to find our joy in Him.
Everything else flows from our relationship to Him.

The Westminster short catechism says:

The Chief Aim Of Man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.

To glorify God means to rightly proclaim His character.
To do that, we must know Him.
To enjoy Him means to find our joy in Him.

God designed us so that we long to be with Him.

How do we seek Him and find Him? That's the process of worship.

Worship, of course, is fellowship with other Christians, reading the Bible, prayer but also it is trying to obey His command to love our neighbor as ourselves because where love is, there God is also.
Canning

Postby Rennie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Well.......... you do not know that their faith is fake. And technically there is just one 'idol' and 'idol' is not the proper identify for him. Well... the Trinity would be known as 3, however they are intended to be one as a complete... yeah. But that relatively is the query, is not it? Even if the Christian faith used to be reality, what number of of them might cross to hell everyday?
Rennie

Postby Jerold » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:54 pm

Live your life modestly. Don't worry about everyday things. Pray and live your life according to God's will; he will direct and guide you. God bless
Jerold

Postby Walcot » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:59 pm

To be Christlike.
Walcot

Return to Eat to Live