Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

What Can Anorexia Do?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

What Can Anorexia Do?

Postby derry89 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:15 pm

If your anorexic your always taking a risk of your organs shutting down which would kill you. You also loose chunks of hair. If your a girl your menstrual cycle could permanently stop and you could be unable to have children. It also makes your teeth decay.You can also get osteoporosis ( when the bones become brittle and fragile from loss of tissue). When your anorexic your body literally eats itself to stay alive. It sends you into depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc. It's extremely hard to get out of anorexia and it kills thousands of people every year. For some people it can last a lifetime and they never get rid of it. Some people may think that to "fix it" you can "just eat". It's not that simple. Someone who isn't anorexic would see a sandwich as a sandwich. Whereas someone with anorexia would see a sandwich as 500 calories. Anorexia is a serious mental disorder and it controls your life. Your heart gets smaller and weaker and your blood pressure gets lower. No part of your body is safe when your anorexic and everyday your alive your playing Russian roulette with yourself. You'll be lethargic and you wont want to leave the house or get out of bed simply because your body doesnt have the energy to do so. Your brain and nerves are effected. You wont think right from the fear of gaining weight. You could be sad, moody, irritable, you could get bad memory, faint, and have changes in your brain chemistry. As I said before, your hair will fall out and get thin and brittle. Your heart could get palpitations (fluttering of the heart). You could get anemia and other blood problems. Your muscles get weak because your body is eating away at them to stay alive. You get swollen joints, bone loss, fractures more easily. Your more susceptible to kidney stones and kidney failure. You'll have low potassium, magnesium, and sodium which effect your body fluids. You could get constipation and bloating in your intestines. If your still growing it will effect how you grow, you'll have a harder time getting pregnant later, you run a higher risk for miscarriage, you're baby could have a low birth-weight. Your skin will bruise easily and be dry. You'll have fine body hair all over your body. You also get cold easily and your skin will begin to yellow. Your nails will also chip easily because they will too become brittle. Anorexia controls my life and I hope that I've helped educate you about this horrible disorder. I spend hours every night exercising in private because nobody I know knows my secret. When I get home before anyone else I spend hours memorizing calories on everything I can just in case I run into it later so I know if I can eat it or not and how much I need to exercise to get rid of it. I'm terrified of gaining any weight and I eat probably twice a week and only about 100 calories for each day. The average girl is supposed to get at least 2,000 calories a day. Everything I do and think revolves around anorexia... we are afraid to get help.
derry89

What Can Anorexia Do?

Postby Carolan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Anorexia will effect every aspect of your body.
It will inhibit all of your glands forcing them to shut down.
Your brain will shrink, you will put stress on all of your organs including your heart.
Your hair and skin will become thin and fragile.
Your reproductive organs will stop producing hormones which would leave you barren.
Socially you will look very ill and may be shunned by society.

Oh and there is a big difference between being a gym rat and being anorexic.
Carolan

What Can Anorexia Do?

Postby Dong-Yul » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:20 pm

"anorexia blues" with the aid of slim jim mcgraw "bleeding blues" by way of hank "wristy" slitwrists "i am too rattling fats" by jemima hazelwaters "god rattling these chips" via ricky martin "cut myself to show you wrong" via harold p. Jellington
Dong-Yul

What Can Anorexia Do?

Postby Aldhelm » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:27 pm

slow painful death. Malnutrition.hair loss. hair growth on areas of the body you don't expect it to be.
bone loss from malnutrition.
Aldhelm

What Can Anorexia Do?

Postby Mokovaoto » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Organ failure, hair loss, teeth loss, yellowing of skin in some cases, makes you look like your 40 when your really like 20.
Mokovaoto

Return to Depression & Weight Loss