Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

What Are Native American's Homeland ;( ?

Learn about Food Nutrition

Postby Ezera » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 pm

I mean, us Africans (americans) have Africa to resort back too (both my parents are originally from Liberia, so ALOT of ethnic foods) though i don't think they'd comply. Whites - Europe or the UK more specifically. and etc. i realized, the original Native Americans who lived in North American have no homeland i guess you could say. Was North America or United States their homeland. If so, why would the Europeans take that from them? (i know bout the Trail of Tears) i heard Native Americans were so kind and inviting to any RACE. not trying to put any blame on whites or your ancestors, just trying to figure some things out. And were there ever any African and Native American encounters since i noticed their hunting styles in the past. Thanks :)
Ezera

Postby verddun » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:01 pm

you can't be that dumb? LOL

Native Americans..Native OF america!!???

come on now lol
verddun

Postby Kendrik » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm

It's a great debate between realists and racist some believe they weren't strong enough so they deserved the forced colonization of america.
Kendrik

Postby Whitelaw » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:09 pm

It is going without asserting. The states has an extremely short heritage. and in that factor they have brought about mayhem all worldwide; brazenly and covertly. of their dealings with the community individuals. there is not any longer something yet disgrace. additionally their therapy of their African inhabitants leaves plenty to be wanted; even whilst those human beings layed their lives on the line struggling with no longer in basic terms in the Civil conflict yet in addition in the two worldwide Wars. So after my diatribe. the respond could be; Mess with the united statesa.at your peril.
Whitelaw

Postby Adnot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:10 pm

The whole of the Americas (north and south) is the homeland of the Native Americans.

It was taken by France (Canada), England (US) and Spain (South America).
Adnot

Postby Piero » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:13 pm

NATIVE Americans are THE Native Americans. This is (Well was) their land originally.

If we were all to go back to where our ancestors came from that means (hypothetically speaking) Blacks back to Africa, Whites back to Europe, Asians back to Asia, etc.... Native AMericans would just have to stay put here in America.

Although I doubt the government would ever give it back to them.....
Piero

Postby Rhuvawn » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:24 pm

the whole u.s. was there homeland until we selfishly drove them out...thats one thing i hate about this country always taking from others and subduing other ppl
Rhuvawn

Postby Aekerman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Native americans used to live in North america on the plains in the west. Their land was taken away from them by white americans because of two reasons.

Firstly religion- White americans they believed in something called "manifest destiny" which is the belief that God wanted white people to fill up all the land and that their shouldn't be big open spaces with no one living on them. That is what encouraged people to leave East America and create the states on the west like California.

Secondly greed- The native americans lived on land that was rich with natural resources like Gold, so they were forced onto reservations and starved, so their land could be dug up. The white people didn't like their way of life and religious beliefs and so they tried to kill them off by killing their food source.

And Native Americans often helped black slaves who had escaped from their masters, although the whites told them not too. The native americans were encouraged to "marry" and have children with the black people because they were immune to some of the diseases that the europeans bought to america that were killing natives.
Aekerman

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 pm

America is our homeland.
My tribe (Navajo) is relatively fortunate in that our reservation is located within a small part of what used to be our nation's borders. So technically we're still living in our "homeland" although the size has been greatly reduced, and the government has build all these dams which stole our water, and is now mining uranium, coal, oil and natural gas off our reservation and robbing us that way.
The irony is that they are taking all this energy off our reservation ( and destroying the land in the process ) 60% of the houses on our reservation don't have electricity,heat, or running water.

The Sioux "homeland" on the other hand, is located in the Black Hills, which the US governnment formally recognized as being theirs, but stole it anyway.
They forced the sioux onto barren reservations in south dakota.
In 1980 the Sioux took the case to the Supreme Court and won, but the US still won't return the Black Hills to them. http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/ge...

Other tribal nations which used to live in the east, are now relegated to reservations in Ohio and Oklahoma, far away from their Homelands.
Roosevelt

Return to Food Nutrition