Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Weight Loss Tips Please!?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Keary » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:19 am

I am 19 years old, 5'5" and 160lbs. My weight has made me very self conscious all my life as it does for many teenage girls. It has added into me slipping into depression and has added to my anxiety. I have always wanted to lose weight and become more healthy to make myself truly happy. I dont eat much junk food and I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I work a lot and am always walking around and doing heavy lifting at work but I do not have time to work out and working out isn't great for my body since I have many problems with my knees and back. CAn anyone give me any tips on good diet pills or any other suggestions to help me lose weight?
Keary

Postby Curt » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:20 am

do your grocery shopping with a list and a time limit that way you re less likely to stray into the processed foods section
Curt

Postby Woodman » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:21 am

weight loss tips................ enjoy :)

Automate your eating by planning your meals ahead of time. That way you're less likely to make an unhealthy last-minute food choice.

Oats are your friends! Eating a cup of oatmeal in the morning will prevent you from gorging in the afternoon.

Foods with healthy fats such as olives, salmon and walnuts help you feel satisfied.

Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing starvation mode, making it harder to burn calories.

Got nuts with nuts. Eating a handful of nuts will help you stay full. Try soaking them in water for a different texture.

Use meditation to help you cope with chronic stress, which can lead you to crave feel-good carbs.

You may be used to fried foods but there are other, sometimes healthier, ways to cook including: roasting, steaming, poaching, baking, braising and broiling.

Do your grocery shopping with a list and a time limit; that way, you're less likely to stray into the processed foods section.

Don't confuse thirst with hunger. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry to see if that's what you're really craving.

When out at a restaurant, ask the server to hold the bread, snack mix or chips and salsa that might come before the meal. If you're hungry, you'll be tempted.

Tired of eating your salad on a plate? Fill a whole wheat pita with salad and a splash of lemon for a twist.

You might do better to replace an occasional dinner with a nice roll in the hay. Healthy sex may help control the amount of food you eat and it's great exercise.

Create emergency packs filled with healthy foods such as nuts, fruits or sliced vegetables to help you avoid unhealthy temptations.

Add red pepper flakes to your pantry. When eaten early in the day, red pepper lowers the amount of food you'll eat later.

Odds are you're eating too fast. Try holding a conversation while having a meal so you're not gulping down more than you need to feel full.

Take a brisk walk before lunch or dinner. Not only will you get in some exercise, you're less likely to choose something unhealthy after a little movement.

Looking for the benefits of salmon but you don't feel comfortable cooking fish? Try canned salmon as a simple and affordable alternative.

Are your dishes too big? A healthy dinner should fit on a 9-inch plate. You may find that kid-sized plates are more appropriately sized to feed an adult!

Never eat any snack food out of the box, carton or bag it came in. You're less likely to overeat if you separate snacks into appropriate fist-sized servings.

Boost your metabolism with some green tea or chili peppers.

Get your Zzzzzs. Sleep deprivation alters levels of hormones in the body that regulate hunger, causing an increase in appetite.

Muscle burns at least four times as many calories as fat does, so try twenty minutes of strength straining two to three times a week.

Decaf coffee is a great low-calorie fluid when you're having cravings (and a great source of antioxidants).

Eating liquid-based foods such as natural smoothies and low-sodium soup can help you cut back on calories yet feel full.

A pedometer can help keep track of your steps. If you're not getting 10,000 steps a day, you're not moving enough.
Woodman

Postby Gherardo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:24 am

Don't get to stresse out about it. My older sister is like that. I'm 14 and I way 120 so ie never had that problem but I can tell you that don't stress and don't eat alot of carbs and alot of exercising will help but don't exercise to much!
Gherardo

Postby Amott » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:26 am

Eat grapefruit before each meal
Amott

Postby Konni » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:29 am

Hi Jordan,

As somebody who has had eating disorder problems in the past, taken every NATURAL diet pill under the sun and tried every method I could do I would say first of all DO NOT risk your health for sake of something cosmetic, I know how it feels to want to be thinner but really the only way is the hard way if you want to keep your health. If you take pills or stave yourself, be sick etc you risk getting all sorts of permanent health problems and you will wish you had not done those things.

That said and done the best thing that has worked for me is making sure that I always have protein/carbs in each meal. I cut out all sugar other than natural sugars and still limited those and have much more energy for it, I use to eat alot of fruit.

The other main thing I think its important that so many people do not follow when they diet is to eat little and often, it really does work. You only get hungry for fattening foods when your blood sugars get to low due to you leaving to long gap.
Eat 6-7 meals per day, not full meals. Make a meal and then split it into 2-3 portions.

I mainly eat/drink rice, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fish, herb teas, water, bananas, apples, dried berries...

Exercise, I also have an old knee injury, the best thing you can do is lots of walking.

Get a pedometer, if you are doing the recommended 10,000 steps per day then you dont need to worry about doing other exercises unless you want to do on your days off. if you do do some muscle toning exercises or something you enjoy maybe a sport, yoga, swimming, walking the dog etc.
Konni

Postby berenger86 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:31 am

fly a kite for 20 minutes
berenger86

Postby Gaffney » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 am

find the perfect teeny weeny polka dot bikini try on 16 suits one every 3 minutes
Gaffney

Postby Huntington » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:36 am

combine your resistance training with short bursts of high intensity cardio to increase your post workout calorie burn
Huntington

Postby Elijah » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:42 am

eat a fiber filled apple before a meal to help you feel full faster
Elijah

Next

Return to Depression & Weight Loss