Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Weight Loss Surgery Questions !?

Surgery to help lose weight

Postby Valdemarr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:32 pm

I'm 18 years old and I'm highly considering getting a weight loss surgery . I'm 5'3 and about 270 lbs . I've been chubby my whole life no matter how much I dirt and exercise I can not lose more than 10 lbs and then go back up . Me and my mom are going to talk to my doctor about different surgeries but I wanted to look online now .

What surgery would you recommend would be best for me ? (Of course I'd talk to my doctor but I'm just curious)

Also if you had a surgery which did you have ? How much did you lose ? We're there any complications ? And if so what ? Also how long was recovery ?

I'm tired of being obese my whole life and no matter what I do I can't lose weight . It makes me feel like crap being as heavy as I am .
Valdemarr

Postby Baldwynn » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:34 pm

I am 18 years old and am over weight. I don't know what to do, diets don't work for me. Is the gastric bypass a good idea for me?
Baldwynn

Postby Waldo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:38 pm

go lean with bean protein beans are an affordable and healthy alternative to meats and are wonderfully filling
Waldo

Postby Taffy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:46 pm

the omega 3 fatty acids in salmon may dial up your bodys ability to burn fat especially if you add some exercise
Taffy

Postby Haven » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:53 pm

You and your bariatric surgeon will discuss the various types of weight loss methods and surgery options based on your lifestyle but here is a great publication by the Obesity Action Coalition that gives the unbiased pros and cons of all the recognized weight loss methods currently available: http://www.obesityaction.org/educational-resources/brochures-and-guides/understanding-your-weight-loss-options-brochure both surgical and non surgical.

I had gastric bypass surgery in 2006. My before & current picture: http://www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com the 158 pound weight loss I achieved resolved all my health issues Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure, and a host of other issues, I am off all 8 medications I was on prior to surgery, I have not been to the doctor for anything more than routine check-ups in 6 1/2 years, zero complications. Best decision I ever made. Having surgery was just one battle in a lifetime war versus obesity, every day I wake up and fight with healthy eating choices, moving my body and the most important in my opinion: working on the head, addressing the why's of why I gained weight.

Best wishes to you in your research.
Haven

Postby Kerry » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Any tips, people say you cant loose weight in one specific spot but i don't really think that's true.
Kerry

Postby Ysgawyn » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Did you tried Garcinia Cambogia Extract? Proceed here : http://Service.HelpfulGarcinia.com . This should clearly helps people.
Ysgawyn

Postby Cooney » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:56 pm

surf for real for 34 minutes
Cooney

Postby Storme » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:01 am

Every insurance has different coverage and sometimes a company can have numerous policies that all cover different things. You'd need to check your own policy. Weight loss surgery can really help when someone has exhausted all other options. Good Luck!
Storme

Postby Birr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:08 am

How does a morbidly overweight person lose weight without surgery of any kind. Tips etc.
Birr

Next

Return to Surgical Weight Loss