Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Want To Try To Feel Better And Make Friends. For The Love Of God Help Me! My Life Is F****** Hell!?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Want To Try To Feel Better And Make Friends. For The Love Of God Help Me! My Life Is F****** Hell!?

Postby Guglielmo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:54 am

YOU CAN SKIP TO 2ND PARAGRAPH IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT BACKROUND S

So I've been deeply depressed for years now. I'm a 16 year old dude and am not your typical teenage crybaby. I don't like to admit that I'm depressed and will probably never tell anyone (you guys dont count you don't know me). I feel like I am far worse off than the crybabies that sit in the counselor's office.

Anyways I have thought long and hard about my depression and have decided the reason for my sadness most likely comes from loneliness, and the reason for my loneliness is my inability to make friends. I figure my inability to make friends comes from my lack of confidence. And finally I figure my lack of confidence comes from my skinniness, shortness, and the acne I used to have. Also from the bullying I have endured for as long as I can remember, however fluctuating in intensity making some times seem happy.

Now the bullying is more or less over, my acne is cleared, and honestly I'm not that short. So I've decided to focus is the issue of my skinniness. (I also have other health problems)

So I've decided I need to be healthy and work out to get better.

But here's the real problem; how do I do that? Ok so I can probably handle eating healthy, but how do I exercise?! My brother has a weight set in the basement but something is stopping me from using it. I think I would feel embarrassed to be seen working out. I know my family would be proud of me, but something in me doesn't want to do it because of what theyll think of me! Does this make any sense to you? I know they will be proud and supportive but I'm worried of what they will think. I just don't want to be seen working out! I know how to improve my life but I just can't do it! Why???! Does anyone understand whats going on in my head?!

A really scary though I have is that the reason I'm afraid to work out is my lack of confidence but I can't have confidence until I work out and I can't work out until I have confidence!!! It's like I'm trapp
Guglielmo

Postby Audrick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:55 am

try and workout when no ones home untill you feel confident
Audrick

Postby Aldo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:56 am

ah its all in your head

if you say you're depressed than you will set your mind to be depressed etc..

you have to start by not caring about peoples opinions of you. Dont be embarrased to work out. everybody works out. Tell your brother to help you work out. Just do it. If you keep telling yourself you're embarresed to do it then you will never do it and youll keep being miserable.
Aldo

Postby Durante » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:05 am

Here is the truth. The answer is in you.
You have to get to a point where its doesn't matter what anyone thinks.
You working out and being seen shouldn't bother you because its going to get you where you need to be.
Working out is as much mental as it is physical.
I don't care what people say if they see me working out or not.
Lets put it this way people are always going to talk. Well fine let them they are going to talk if your not working out and they are going to talk if you work out.
So you might as well work out.
Good Luck
Durante

Postby Adoeete » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:08 am

I would say that if you are scared of working out with your family around then do it when thy are not around or if they are then play some music while you work out. You shouldnt be afraid. You need to have some sort of confidence. To make friends you sometimes need to be the one to take the first step. You can start by complementing someone's shirt or accessory etc. I was shy and I was the only one in my high school to go to the college that I'm in(it's also in a different state) and I didn't know anyone but thn I saw this girl who wore a shirt from my favorite show and I complemented it. Then we had a conversation and then she introduced me to her friends and still to this day we are all still friends. My point is that you sometimes need to be the one to start and not always wait for others. I'm sure you can do it! Have some confidence in yourself and good luck.
Adoeete

Return to Depression & Weight Loss