Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

There Seems To Be A Lot Of Hot Air Concerning Cholesterol And Diet. What Lowers Bad, And Raises Good?

There Seems To Be A Lot Of Hot Air Concerning Cholesterol And Diet. What Lowers Bad, And Raises Good?

Postby Tyree » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:02 pm

Why would, after 58 years of great cholesterol tests(but with high triglycerides from 34-48), there be a sudden change to horrible tests that does not seem to be connected to change in diet? Can diet be adjusted to change this to the better? Background: For 20 years I have eaten a low fat diet, for 10 years low sugars and simple carbs. I have habitually eaten vegetables(5 servings a day--spinach, broccoli, green beans, salad, asparagus, carrots, celery, cabbage, chard, zucchini, etc.). Each week I eat fish, chicken, turkey, 3-5 eggs, no more than 1 meal of lean pork, and one of lean beef. Since eliminating potatoes, pasta, pizza, packaged cereals, almost all rice, corn, and most bread, I stopped gaining 2-3 pounds each year, but have lost little. I have never consumed transfats as a regular part of my diet and so not eat fried foods. I drink water, but no soft drinks, tea, or coffee. I don't eat frozen treats or chocolate.
Tyree

Return to South Beach Diet