Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

The Atkins Diet...?

The Atkins Diet...?

Postby Naal » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:22 am

It really depends on your metabolism, how carb sensitive you are, and how badly you "go off".
If you have relatively low carb sensitivity, and your idea of going off Atkins means adding some whole grains and the occasional potato, then a weight gain might be slow or nil.
But if you're carb sensitive and go face-down in the junk food, the weight regain will probably be pretty rapid.

Your best bet, if you're going to do Atkins, is to make it a permanent lifestyle change. So you follow the plan according to the book, find the level of carbs that your body does best at, and stay on it FOREVER.
Naal

The Atkins Diet...?

Postby Andre » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 am

No, I can't see anyone gaining 50 lbs in a month.

But you could surely gain 20 if you ate enough... even then it would be really shoveling it in A person would have to take in about 2000 calories more a day than they burn, so ( without taking out a calculator ) I'm guessing one would be eating about 4000 calories a day, every day for a month to gain the 20. Using that logic, gaining 50 would be eating 7000 calories a day. I doubt the heart could take it...... I'm thinking a person would be sick to their stomach alot.
Andre

The Atkins Diet...?

Postby Gilmat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:38 am

I dont really know about gaining the weight back but I would really think twice about this diet. After all, Dr Atkins died of heart disease!
Gilmat

The Atkins Diet...?

Postby Ahtunowhiho » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 am

no i know peaple who did that one but its hard i do NOT recemmend it
Ahtunowhiho

Return to Atkins Diet