Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Struggling teen on a long break from being an athlete?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby vallis » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:33 am

Long story short I've gone through this depression where I include very unhealthy sugar everyday. BUT this is when I'm at home.. When I'm at school I eat only above 1200 calories and no more than 1300. <-- Still eat small amount of sugar. I'm just losing weight very slowly which isn't a problem for me. Size 7 fit perfectly NOW. I'm 5'5 and weigh from 130-134 I don't know what it is right now. Track season is coming soon and I don't know what to do with myself. I'm like the only one in my family that eats healthy it's unbelievably hard since I'm usually left out all the time when it comes to being fed. Now I've just been fed up and over ate today and now I feel like total crap. I can't bring myself to go on a walk because I'm so ashamed. What do I do??? When I'm at home all I think about is eating! I actually enjoy school more than home now. This was the first day out of the week I over ate.. This only happens when I'm at home..
vallis

Postby radburn73 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:51 am

Doing sports is good. All the experts agree on this fact, provided that the exercise is commensurate to their age and physical condition.
Physical activity makes it possible to keep the trained musculoskeletal system and the bloodstream, giving, as well as physical well-being also psychological. It is no coincidence that already preached the Latin motto "mens sana in corpore sano"!
In order to get the most out of adequate physical activity, including nutrition plays a key role.
Exercise, in fact, be it high-impact as the body builders as "sweet" like fitness, involves a certain expenditure of energy, protein, sugars, fats and water.
All these elements must be reinstated in the right doses with food. This is also true for vitamins and minerals that are lost in large quantities through sweat, thermoregulation physiological process that enables the body considerably accentuated when practicing sports.
The reinstatement of all nutrients is important both for the "reconstruction" of the parts "consumed" during exercise, both to facilitate the optimization of chemical reactions that lead to proper cellular energy consumption and consumption of fat reserves accumulated .
Weight loss, if it is one of the objectives of physical activity, it also passes through the intake of proper amount and type of macro-and micronutrients that catalyze all the body's physiological processes.
For this reason, avoid diets or diets "do it yourself" that exclude one or more foods, because they might restrict or inhibit specific processes in the body and, in the long run, be very dangerous for health ...... I know all the ............. ..; /
radburn73

Return to Depression & Weight Loss