Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Stretch marks?

Surgery to help lose weight

Stretch marks?

Postby eadger » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:27 am

cocoa butter will work HOWEVER make sure that is is pur cocoa butter, not imitation, or lotion. you need the actual stick of butter, use it for about 3-4 months consistantly and it will be fine, and loosing weight is what makes your stretch marks show, so if you are seeing stretch marks you have already lost weight!! congrats
eadger

Stretch marks?

Postby yehuda » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:32 am

Use coco butter and eat alot of fruit and vegtebales and drink as much water as you possibly can and if your over weight try to lose weight while applying coco butter cuz it's best! GOOD LUCK ;)
yehuda

Stretch marks?

Postby alai » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 am

Coconot oil massage is the best thing to do, but it will take time.
alai

Stretch marks?

Postby okeefe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:54 am

Actually, there is no way to get rid of stretch marks, or even prevent them. an only reduse their apperance. You can continue using coco butter. The best brand is Palmer's, the one with the pregnant lady on the front. Also, if you can get Vitamin E pills from a heath store, you can crack them open and put that on there. They will make them lighter, especially if they are really dark, but there is no way to get rid of them. Unfortunately, they are genetic. I have them on my breasts from developing quickly, I used these two things and now they are not as dark, but they are still there!
Hope this helps!
okeefe

Stretch marks?

Postby torran » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:01 am

Cocoa butter does not get rid of stretch marks. It supposedly helps prevent them, but tell that to any pregnant woman. Losing weight does help them get lighter, but they never really go away.
torran

Stretch marks?

Postby godwine72 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:05 am

If you find out a good remedy, please let me know..I have little ones and they're ok when I go tanning, but when I don't go tanning..it sucks..
godwine72

Stretch marks?

Postby sped » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:13 am

well actually i had some around my belly button from losing a lot of weight and i go tanning a lot and they arent even there..but when i lose my tan i can see them. so if your not one of those people that wont tan because theyre afraid of skin cancer, get a tan because it works!
sped

Stretch marks?

Postby selden55 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:15 am

stretch marks are forever, they will fade but will always be there. Vitamin e helps too. I have 2 kids so I feel for you. I ve lost all the weight and they are still there
selden55

Stretch marks?

Postby freeland20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:19 am

use an exfoliator like twice a week it slushes off all the dead skin cells on it about twice a week.
Cocoa butter pure
Use vitamin E oil
palmers for stretchmarks lotion
take zinc pills, vitamin E pills & an everyday vitamin
Try to get a lotion that has collagen & Elastin in it.
freeland20

Stretch marks?

Postby morlee » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 am

Well I truely think that most if not all the women of America anyway, have stretch marks. If you gain weight rapidly that can contribute to it. I think an important thing to remember is that moist skin can sretch easier than dry skin, so the dryer the skin, the more stretch marks. The lotion will definitly help not to get more to a point. Really your skin can only stretch so far without tearing. They will fade to where they are not noticable unless staring. Of course staying fit will help. Dont gain too much weight and keep the lotion up. Your boobs and butt will prolly get a few too. And of course the belly when your prego. There are a ton of creams but scientificly, ive never heard of one who fixes it. How do you fixe something that is stretched out? You cant unless your lucky and it shrinks in the dryer. Anyway my point is keep the skin lubed up. It will help but genetics play a role too. So look at mama and you be the judge. If she is rather large, you will have a hard determining much except, its gonna be harder to stay slim. Good luck and dont freak out. We all have em, its a sign we are real!
morlee

PreviousNext

Return to Surgical Weight Loss