Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Should I go for a third opinion?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby jordanna34 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 am

My doctor believes my psychotic episode was due to “schizophrenia” and claims that a lot of people have depression before they develop schizophrenia. I believe they call this the Prodromal phase. I did go to get a second opinion from another psychiatrist but it was from a friend of my aunts. He said I had depression. These were my list of symptoms before I developed “schizophrenia” as my psychiatrist says it. Diagnosis is really important to me because I do not want to be on meds I do not need to be on.

1. Lack of motivation and lack of interest in anything. I’ve always felt like that though. It’s nothing new to me.
2. Pessimistic
3. Overly sensitive to rejection and criticism
4. And crying spells because of it.
5. Irritability
6. Constipation and irritable bowel.
7. Having no self-worth, low self-esteem and poor self image.
8. Feeling mentally and psychically exhausted and drained out
9. Anxiety
10. Flight of ideas/racing thoughts
11. Weight loss due to lack of appitite.
12. Psychosis.
jordanna34

Postby garmund » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:12 am

You're going to have to be more specific on number 12, since that is probably the most important symptom out of all the ones you've listed here.

Sounds like you've got major depressive disorder with hypomanic features. Like I said, I can't tell you anything about a schizophrenia diagnosis unless you describe your psychotic episode in more detail.
garmund

Postby achazya80 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:19 am

You're going to have to be more specific on number 12, since that is probably the most important symptom out of all the ones you've listed here.

Sounds like you've got major depressive disorder with hypomanic features. Like I said, I can't tell you anything about a schizophrenia diagnosis unless you describe your psychotic episode in more detail.
sounds like symptoms of depression to me,
but I'm not a doctor, but I do suffer from depression
achazya80

Return to Depression & Weight Loss