Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Seniors: Titanic And Dessert Question?

Postby Virgilio » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 am

You bet!

First dessert tonight was champagne, pumpkin pie & whipped cream laced with rum.

Second dessert was coffee, sour cherry pie & whipped cream laced with rum.

I once heard of a gravestone that said, "Never ate chocolate - died anyhow".

Happy Thanksgiving!
Virgilio

Postby Linford » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:57 am

I went overboard with that way of living for a long time. So now I do have dessert in a balanced way.

Tonight I had a bowl of madarin orages with whip cream on top. If

If I am still hungry later I might eat popcorn. I feel like I am much better now than I was years ago because I don't deprive myself of anything but I spread meals out. Most people think going to bed on an empty stomach is good & I am just the opposite. I make sure I have a nice snack to keep my blood sugar balanced throught the night. I had to teach myself how to be healthy. Most common messages about health are killing people.
Linford

Postby Otsoa » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:59 am

Since a first-class menu was recovered after the disaster, we know what was served to the wealthiest guests on the evening of April 14, 1912. As usual, the feast began with raw oysters and assorted hors d?oeuvre, followed by a choice of consommé Olga (a veal stock soup flavored with sturgeon marrow) or cream of barley soup.

Next up was a lightly poached Atlantic salmon topped with a rich mousseline sauce. For the fourth and fifth courses, passengers chose from such rich and intricate protein dishes as filet mignon Lili, sauté of chicken Lyonnaise, lamb with mint sauce, roast duckling with applesauce and sirloin of beef with chateau potatoes. Side dishes included creamed carrots, boiled rice and green peas, as well as parmentier and boiled new potatoes.

Midway through this epic meal, a palate cleanser known as ?punch romaine? was served, made with wine, rum and champagne. The sumptuous array then resumed with roast squab with cress, cold asparagus vinaigrette and pâté de foie gras.

Dessert choices included peaches in chartreuse jelly, chocolate and vanilla éclairs, Waldorf pudding and French ice cream. Next, an assortment of fruits, nuts and cheeses was presented, followed by coffee, port, cigars and cordials.

So, indeed they did have dessert .
Eating dessert didn't help them to live any longer, but they did enjoy a very pleasant "last supper".
Otsoa

Postby Nancie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:00 am

Yes, I did eat desert tonight because too much money and hard work went into our meal. Normally I don't eat deserts of any kind. It has been a wonderful day for me and I hope the same for you.

Note: The Titanic started sinking on April14, and throughout the morning of April 15

April 14, is my birthday.
Nancie

Postby Aland » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:08 am

I had dessert for breakfast-a slice of an apple pie that I had for dessert last night. I would like dessert tonight but I'm out of apple pie and there are no open stores nearby.I have some chocolate cheerios but if I eat them for dessert then I won't have any for breakfast.Why does life have to be so confusing?
Aland

Postby Healy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 am

I was so engorged with the turkey and taters that dessert was out of the question.
However, my sis made a peach cobbler that I loaded up in a bowl and hauled home with me, I'll have it tomorrow night.
It seems strange to me that pumpkin pie is no longer my favorite.
It was for years.
Healy

Postby Jessy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:11 am

Let's just say Yes, I did have dessert, it was delicious, and I wish I were on the Titanic. The dinner was a colossal failure (at a friend's apartment).

Part of the problem was my growing depression due to the season, and due to another holiday away from my family. Part of it was everything else. I'd have been happier at McDonald's..
Jessy

Postby twrgadarn » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:17 am

I can't end a meal with a sweet.
My Grandpa was the same way.
I eat my dessert several hours after I've had my meal.
twrgadarn

Postby Sadiq » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:19 am

I'm not a dessert eater..but I did eat some today..

so as not to offend the ladies who made them!

Growing up up as a child we always had dessert

after the evening meal and a snack before bed.

I'm just not a sweet eater, but I can make some

to die for desserts.

My momma was a wonderful southern cook.

I'm the youngest child at 60 + :) and my family

always wants me to do the cooking and baking.

I love doing that for them, just like mamma did.
Sadiq

Postby James » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:23 am

We always have dessert at Holiday meals.
Today instead of the traditional pumpkin pie we had apple crisp.
We kept dinner simple this year. I do not regularly have dessert, but I do usually have fruit in the evening.
Do I want to live longer than the family average? Hmm, let me think about that as I have another helping of apple crisp.
With whipped cream!
James

Return to Eat to Live