Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

School Coming Up And I Possibly Have Sleep Insomnia?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby cheche20 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:01 pm

around last year I went into depression and I had major issues sleeping. I used to oversleep but now i undersleep. it has been a problem for a whole so I am wide awake and try to go to bed at 11 cuz I wake up at 6:30 for school but I lay tossing and turning until 4 and sometimes faze in and out of sleep around 5. then 6-6:30 I usually am knocked out asleep. but then I gotta wake up. I get like 1-2 hours of sleep. i was usually fine until I noticed I had no focus at school or energy I was so cranky and b*****.
so I struggled through the year. it is about 3 days until school. I try to go to bed early like 9 but I fall asleep around 4 and wake up around 11. ( cuz it's summer) I know when school starts I won't get to sleep in late and my cycle of 1-2 hour sleep won't cut it cuz I am taking more advanced classes this year. I have 99% overcome my depression and I am even losing weight the healthy way and have become more active. however this possible case of sleep insomnia is too difficult for me. I even took a sleeping aid and I wake up a lot still. my mom took it and slept well so do I have insomnia? btw I'm 16.
cheche20

Postby Jourdon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:03 pm

you should see a doctor, you really need to be awake for school
Jourdon

Postby Priestly » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Take melatonin 20 minutes before bead, im a junior in highschool and i take it everynight. It's over the counter and its natural but it make you fall asleep, its amazing.
Priestly

Postby stanwick » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Here's something you can try:

Stay up for 2 days (coffee helps) and try to sleep early PLUS a sleeping pill. That fixed it for me once.

It could be that simply, your sleeping schedule sucks.

If not, see a doctor for your sleeping problems.
stanwick

Postby Clennan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:22 pm

ive had insomnia and depression for years, nothings really effective. try listening to soft music before going to bed. medical mary j works like a charm too, if thats legal in your state
Clennan

Return to Depression & Weight Loss