Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Question About Paxil, Prozac, Celexa, Metformin, And Proton Pump Inhibitors?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Eadin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:56 pm

I was already 50 lbs overweight when my Dr put me on Paxil for Social anxiety disorder. I gained 40 lbs in 2 months! So I quit taking that and tried to fight my anxiety and depression for a couple yrs to no avail, so Dr put my on Prozac. This was better because the weight gain was slower. I gained 30 lbs in 3 years. I talked with Dr about this so now I am getting ready to try Celexa. I am currently 130 lbs overweight (I now weigh a whopping 260 lbs at five foot tall., I canNOT afford to gain anymore weight!) I am 38 yrs old with newly diagnosed diabetes and poly cystic....something or other. I have also been prescribed Metformin for my diabetes but I fear taking it for weight gain as well. Before SSRI's I had anxiety and depression but now with SSRI's I have that still plus diabetes, acid reflux, asthma, sleep apnea, plantar fasciitis, folliculitis, that poly cystic thing, and im a shut in. I ruined my 30's being on these meds. I have no life no marriage no children no friends. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh one more thing: when the weight gain started getting worse i began taking Prevacid and other Proton pump inhibitors and my appetite seemed greater on those as well. Can they cause weight gain?
Eadin

Postby Emilio » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Since you have sleep apnea...are you on CPAP? Are you using it consistantly? I tell my pts. to make it part of your healthy decisions.. use it to give you energy...use it as a starting point to start becoming more helthy.
Emilio

Return to Depression & Weight Loss