Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Question about loose skin?

Surgery to help lose weight

Postby talyessin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:02 pm

I have lost 177 lbs. I weigh 185 now. I am 5'10.5 and have started going to the gym. I am 20 years old

Of course with weight loss there is loose skin. I have loose skin in my stomach area and under my arms. I have been going to the gym for the past few months and things have improved very little. I know it takes time.

If my skin doesnt go fully back will girls consider it disgusting? Im really ashamed and upset
talyessin

Postby jaap8 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Don't be ashamed. Be proud of your weight loss. There are things you can do about the loose skin if it is significant. When you have reached your goal weight, or if you have not reached the weight where you would like to be, the first thing you need to do is to work on maintaining it for several months. In the meantime, start saving your money so that you can pay for cosmetic surgery to remove the loose skin particularly from your stomach area. Get a second job if you must. Have a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon and see if you can reach an arrangement for all the work with a payment plan. There are options.

You are young, and there is no point in telling you no girls will pay attention to things like that. Some girls will and will avoid you because of it. That's ok. However, some girls will get to know you for who you are. They will know your history and what you have been through (don't hide it), and the right girls will be understanding. What you have been through is a process, and getting rid of the loose skin at some point down the road may be part of the process. Don't be discouraged. Stay with it.
jaap8

Return to Surgical Weight Loss