Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Puberty Never Happened.. Serious Answers And Help Please, Doctors?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby Eyvindur » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:56 pm

First of all i'm now 17 years of age.

I started my period age 11 and I have been the same height/weight/build since.

I am 5ft1 and just under 7 stone which is slightly underweight for my height, I have a healthy diet and have eaten well and had the right amount of exercise since I was young and growing up on a farm i've had the freshest diet. I have never put on any weight since the age of about 11. My breast size, the thing which most affects me is smaller than the smallest available size, an A cup.

I eat more than my boyfriend and all the men in my family who are all above 6ft and have quite a large build. So I reject any claims I receive of being anorexic which I get a lot. All the women in my family are on the slightly large side and 5ft 5 + all with big breasts (apart from two who are 6ft )

My dad is 6ft and so is everyone in his family, and my mum is 5,5 and her family are all around that sort of size or taller.

My question is, although I started my period and have a lot of body hair, my breasts never developed ( they look like stage two of the ''tanner stages'' breast development guide. and are flat at the top and point outwards towards the bottom half)

I am aware I have a high metabolism which is why I eat so much, but I have not gained any weight or developed more throughout the entire ''puberty'' stage

I have been to my doctors and the only one who could do a breast examination saw my breasts and his reaction was ''oh my they are a lot worse than I expected''

this doctor was the only person who took me seriously and recommended I have hormone tests however when my results were back the doctor had moved to another practice and I've been left with doctors who repeatedly tell me I'm fine without any examination or taking into consideration how abnormal my development is.

I have been bullied my entire life for the way I look, my size, my breast growth etc and I've now got depression as a result of this. I really have hit a wall now as I don't know what to do next. My doctor seems to think my height is all i'm worried about and told me ''i'm just over the height which would make her concerned''

I have slightly high testosterone levels and slightly low estrogen levels.

I've been told I'm infertile but the doctor didn't even seem slightly concerned about it and proceeded to witter on about how I'm fine. (her being 6ft tall and fully developed herself)

I've also had a number of kidney infections which the doctors never took seriously.

Basically, what do I do? Does anyone know what's gone wrong? I have to wear bra inserts just to feel ''normal'' especially in today's giant breasted society.

I don't want big breasts, I just want them to develop properly. I would not concerned about being small had I not been the same height for 6 years. I have a lot of excess body hair around my breasts/stomach/arms. I'm forced to wear inserts and kids clothes because of this and it's horrible.

My hair is also falling out and snapping off at the ends after being long and thick throughout childhood. (my doctor didn't think that was abnormal either ) but I have several bald patches.

Please help :(
Eyvindur

Postby hwitcumb25 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:06 pm

I don't see how PCOS would be taken into concideration here like the first answer mentioned? but anyway..you should get your hormone levels tested..I'm not sure if this helps, but birth control makes breast larger.
hwitcumb25

Postby burton88 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Get tested for PCOS.
burton88

Postby Farrel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:08 pm

You ask your MD to find for you an Endocrinologist, for an internal glandular assessment, which I believe you need. You are still young and - if I was related to you - would encourage you to do,

"this doctor was the only person who took me seriously and recommended I have hormone tests" he is right. Get another one who CARES.

"I am aware I have a high metabolism" More than enough reason to find out WHY.

"I have slightly high testosterone levels and slightly low oestrogen levels." An endocrine assessment is in order, and also an investigation for environmental poisoning would fit.

This is only my opinion, but my experience is that doctors - just like the police - they only want to "catch" someone, not really exercise justice or cure people.
Farrel

Postby macclennan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:16 pm

I'd ask to be put on birth control pills that should.
macclennan

Postby Addie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 pm

I would suggest you look for another doctor that will take you seriously, preferrably a female doctor. A pediatritian might be better able to address your concerns about development, since child development is their specialty.

It would probably be a good idea for an adult relative to go with you to appointments, this might help doctors take you more seriously.

You might try addressing just one issue at a time when you see a doctor... the kidney infections, then the hair loss, then the development issue.

Keep seeing different doctors, be persistent. Hair loss and kidney problems like that are not normal and need to be dealt with.
Addie

Postby Jenny-lee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Firstly see a gynaecologist, not a male doctor. I'm smaller than you, weigh less and if I ever wore a bra it would be about 32AA. I love being small and get a lot of attention. The people who bully you are not only unpleasant but also ignorant. You can be sure there are a lot of people, especially men, who'll think you very attractive. You do seem to have a medical condition though - arrested puberty they call it - get to a gyno, she'll sort it all out.
Jenny-lee

Return to Depression & Weight Loss