Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Ps3 Transfer Data .... (smart People Only)*?

Talk about anything related to losing weight

Postby Sumerton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:39 am

So in a ps3 there is this option that you can tranfer your saved data to a new ps3 but after the process is finished the orginal ps3 reformats that HDD ... So what I was thinking is to back up all the data in the original ps3 so that way the new slim has all my games and data...... my original will also have the games and data ... It will be like 2 identical ps3 ... Can it be done or will the games I have in my HDD not work
Sumerton

Postby Eddison » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:43 am

what you can do is to pay for a month of PS+ which will give you the ability to upload all your save files to the playstation cloud. Then, you move on the other PS3 and create a new profile with your sign in email and password and there you go, you re-download all your uploaded save files to your new PS3
Eddison

Postby Ahsalom » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:45 am

The original is NOT formatted after the transfer.
It gives you the option, but it's not automatic.
So you can transfer all of your data and the systems will be identical, aside from certain protected / restricted content which will be removed from the original after the transfer.

Though you can do what Tay said and just backup your saves to PS+ storage and just do a new profile on your new PS3 and login to your PSN account to transfer the saves to your new PS3.
Ahsalom

Return to General Weight Loss Chat