Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Please just read discription.?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby akihiko » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi! im asking this for my friend Sarah. Sarah's told me she is schizophrenic , and she does not feel conscious anymore if that makes any sense..... she has very bad depression issues and her step dad raped her multiple times when she was 11. she says she feels very sick and doesn't know what's wrong with her. she forgets her own name and who her friends are. she can not focus in school and crys every night. she doesn't have very many friends and has been bullied for several years about her weight. She has irregular periods and thinks she may have symptoms of diabetes. shes weak and cant sleep at night. every time she trys to eat she just cant. does anyone know what could be wrong with her? PLEASE help.
akihiko

Postby lyam » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi! im asking this for my friend Sarah. Sarah's told me she is schizophrenic , and she does not feel conscious anymore if that makes any sense..... she has very bad depression issues and her step dad raped her multiple times when she was 11. she says she feels very sick and doesn't know what's wrong with her. she forgets her own name and who her friends are. she can not focus in school and crys every night. she doesn't have very many friends and has been bullied for several years about her weight. She has irregular periods and thinks she may have symptoms of diabetes. shes weak and cant sleep at night. every time she trys to eat she just cant. does anyone know what could be wrong with her? PLEASE help.
lyam

Postby renne » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Your friend is struggling to cope with the effects of sexual abuse, which can be a long a very tough road it would be good for her to be referred to a psychologist to try and accept her past and deal with the consequences of what that man did to her.
She is very lucky to have a close friend as caring and thoughtful as you are, you may find that your friendship has ups and downs but try to remember that she is struggling to even live a normal life at the moment, and her emotions may be all over, but im sure she is grateful for all you have done for her.
You should feel proud of you self, its not always easy to support an abuse survivor and just being a friend will make her life much more bare able.
THANK YOU X
renne

Postby delaney » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Your friend is struggling to cope with the effects of sexual abuse, which can be a long a very tough road it would be good for her to be referred to a psychologist to try and accept her past and deal with the consequences of what that man did to her.
She is very lucky to have a close friend as caring and thoughtful as you are, you may find that your friendship has ups and downs but try to remember that she is struggling to even live a normal life at the moment, and her emotions may be all over, but im sure she is grateful for all you have done for her.
You should feel proud of you self, its not always easy to support an abuse survivor and just being a friend will make her life much more bare able.
THANK YOU X
Apart from the mental health issues I think your friend might possibly be suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome. Irregular periods, weight problems and diabetes are all associated with this condition, and your friend needs to seek treatment. Type two diabetes is often brought on by being overweight, which is a common problem with polycystic ovary syndrome. Reducing weight can help reduce the problem of diabetes, and even make it go away on some occasions.

Your friend desperately needs to see a therapist who can help her deal with the traumatic experiences she has been through. Do you know whether she has actually been diagnosed with schizophrenia or is simply afraid that she might be because of the way she feels right now? Most of the symptoms you have described could simply be depression brought on by trauma, rather than schizophrenia. If her parents'will not help her then could you go with her to the school counselor and ask for help.
delaney

Postby nemesio » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:26 pm

This Is My Best Friend Skye. There Is No Sarah. Sarah Is Skye. Skye Has Been Sick For Quite A While, And I'm Not Sure What To Do. I Don't Know Her Family Or I Would Have Said Something By Now. I Have Tried Convincing Her To Get Some Help But She Just Won't Listen. I'm Scared For Her And I Don't Want To Lose Her. She Is Only 13 Now And Is Way Too Young To Die. I'm Only 12, But Yet I Have Had Suicidal Thoughts Every Now And Again. I Couldn't Bear To Lose Her. She Is The Only Friend I have Left And I Can't Be Left Alone Again. Sincerely,
~Emily~
PS. I Love You Skye. Please Listen To This People. They Are Trying To Help :(
nemesio

Postby benton » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:32 pm

The ER would help her
everyone thinks people go to the emergency room in the hospital if they hve a broken bone
or are dying , but if her parents took her chances are she will get a therapist very quickly
I am actually going there for my panic and anxiety problems
benton

Postby janaya » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Bring her to the hospital maybe??
janaya

Postby daviot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:55 pm

oooooh honey...take her to see a therapist. She has lived through some trauma and im not gonna say it will be gone after therapy - the scars will always be there but she will learn how to cope and be strong.
daviot

Postby kit » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:59 pm

She needs professional help immediately. You can try to convince her to talk to someone. A doctor, a teacher, a counselor, or any trusted adult.
kit

Postby arapoosh » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm guessing it's post-traumatic depression stemming from what she went through in her childhood. She could really benefit from professional counseling.and help from a medical doctor for her symptoms. I'm also inclined to think that your friend is really you. If that's the case, then you can follow the same advice. It's nothing to be ashamed of, because almost everyone has some issues they are trying to live with, which manifests itself in physical symptoms. It's very common, and I'm surprised that more people don't seek professional advice. Not all counseling costs a fortune, and there are usually free clinics that are sponsored by Social Service agencies. There is no shame in seeking help and guidance. The shame is when people suffer in silence when they don't really have to.
arapoosh

Next

Return to Depression & Weight Loss