Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Please just read discription.?

Depression making it hard to lose weight?

Postby arapoosh » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm guessing it's post-traumatic depression stemming from what she went through in her childhood. She could really benefit from professional counseling.and help from a medical doctor for her symptoms. I'm also inclined to think that your friend is really you. If that's the case, then you can follow the same advice. It's nothing to be ashamed of, because almost everyone has some issues they are trying to live with, which manifests itself in physical symptoms. It's very common, and I'm surprised that more people don't seek professional advice. Not all counseling costs a fortune, and there are usually free clinics that are sponsored by Social Service agencies. There is no shame in seeking help and guidance. The shame is when people suffer in silence when they don't really have to.
arapoosh

Postby farand » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:10 pm

If your friend has told you that she has schizophrenia, then she has been diagnosed by a mental health professional, right?
So, lets talk about schizophrenia: This is an inherited condition that runs in families. It is caused by a biochemical imbalance within the brain that is treated with daily medication. It is chronic and life-long. If her symptoms aren't well controlled (and it sounds as though they are not) she needs to return to her doctor for a medication adjustment to control her symptoms.

You don't say how old she is now, but if she has been menstruating for a year or more and has irregular periods, and if she feels she has the symptoms of diabetes, she needs to see her doctor immediately for a simple check up. And she needs to see her mental health doctor for a medication review and adjustment.
farand

Previous

Return to Depression & Weight Loss