Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Please help PCOS and not losing weight, so frustrated!?

Postby crispin72 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:33 am

Hi, i was diagnosed with pcos over a month ago, im 3 stone overweight and im trying desperately to get it off, ive been doing slimming world with no syns so no rubbish and low fat meals, in a month ive not lost 1 pound, i just want to cry right now im so moody and emotional and never been this big. I spoke to my doctor and hes told me it takes time to lose weight (what i didnt want to hear) as i know from past diets i usually lose around 1-3 pounds a week. I dont know what to do, ive not had a period in 5 months now and im ready to kill someone, app with pcos when you go past your weight threshold your periods can stop. I need to lose weight but its not going anywhere, i haev ME so i struggle to exercise but i have a 3 year old and that in itself and keeping a house up together is exercise enough for the amount of food im eating, i used to be able to lose weight so easily whats wrong with me?
crispin72

Postby mahkah63 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 am

Hey. I also have PCOS. I found out about a year ago. It can be very depressing.

If you are insulin resitant ( I am) it seems as though the weight will never come off. Most diets just don't work. I am using Metformin to help and it gives me regular periods and I am also able to lose weight with regular foods just smaller and wiser portions. You also have to stay active. I mean more active than normal. If you can get some brisk walking in or a bike. Something so that you are sweating. I go to our local rec center for 20 bucks a month. After work I spend about 30-45 mins working out 4-5 days a week.

Just a side note also, once you stop exercising and stop medicating, the weight comes back and you will stop having periods. The Metformin works really well, but it does have side effects. I would recommend taking your full odes after dinner right before bed. It can cause diarrhea and upset tummy.

Best Wishes
mahkah63

Postby dain48 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:48 am

hi i also have pcos i found it really hard to loose weight to so i went on weight watchers ive now lost just over 2 stone with out doing any exercise. my mum is in a wheel chair and doing slimming world and she hasn't lost any either might be worth giving it a go hope you find something that works for you :)
dain48

Postby rickey » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:54 am

Hi there, i also have pcos after coming of bc i didnt had periods for 8 months so i was given metformin and provera .In a month i lost about 15 pounds. So metformin helped me in losing weight.
rickey

Return to Slimming World