Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Please Answer!!! I Haven't Had My Period In A Year And A Half******?

Discuss Bulimia

Postby Spear » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:34 am

I'm 15 and I got my first period when I was 13. It was irregular and SUPER heavy, and my mom got me on birth control. My birth control pills were some special kind the had extra iron in it because I lost so much blood during my period. I was on the pill for like 3 months, but I stopped taking them because I was gaining weight from them. I got my period 6 months after that and it was light, but I haven't had one since. I developed an eating disorder (Compulsive eating) that transitioned to bulimia and then that transitioned to EDNOS (Anorexic with bulimic tendencies). All of that happened over the next year and a half, and I recovered from my eating disorder nearly a month ago. I eat normal and exercise normally, but I haven't had my period in a year and a half. I'm not underweight, which is why they diagnosed me with ednos. I'm not even close to being underweight. I'm in the healthy weight zone. If that helps.

I just want to know what does this mean? What's going on? Am I going to have to go to a gyno? And any other helpful info you can provide please.

Thanks!
Spear

Postby Cornell » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 am

Definitely go to a doctor, just to be sure because you've had some tumoltuous experiences lately :/ first of all, I'm glad you're eating disorder is getting better. stay strong honey :) and it's normal to miss periods when you lose a large amount of weight.
Cornell

Postby Mochni » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:57 am

Call the doctor who gave you the BC pills and let them know what is happening.
They will probably want to see you.
Mochni

Return to Bulimia