Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Overworked In College, Physically And Mentally Ill. Cant Speak About It To Anyone. Seeking Advice/words?

Overworked In College, Physically And Mentally Ill. Cant Speak About It To Anyone. Seeking Advice/words?

Postby farand » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Dying inside from anxiety and stress - from college work. too little time.?

i usually can do a huge amount of work, but some of the subjects im doing take an impossibly long time for me to even comprehend before i can do the hw..

like a math class im in right now.

it takes me a whole day to teach myself the concept. and than another whole day to complete an assignment because it deals with high level statistical programming on the computer. and its a requirement.. for my major.. and i was always bad at math.

because of this class, for which im trying my hardest... and devoting the most time,

i do not have enough time to do the work necessary for other classes.

i need to continue but.. almost every night i am up, without sleep teaching myself a concept, then doing the work and not even recieving a good enough mark for it, because of small mistakes..

so i never get the credit i deserve for learning any of the concepts. a lot of the work is tedious, most of it doesnt even apply to my major, and i am extremely sick, physically and emotionally.

i am use to killing myself over work.. but now, with many of the assignments being unmanageable to do lack of time, and having to teach myself (what everyone already gets). i am stuck in a unhealthy place. I cant talk about it to anyone or do anything about it, because i have to contiunue... but i feel myself breaking ...

because i dont get a break. and i dont have time to take care of myself. every waking second i am spending an enormity of time on the work, and i barely finish. and as a result, my hard work doesnt show. this brings me down even more.

like i said, i cant talk to anyone or do anything about it, and i have to continue...

i already have prexisting anxiety and depression, and right now im just worried that i am going to die.. or become extremely illl from sleep deprivation.. and anxiety.

what takes others 1 hour, may take me the whole day.

and theres just not enough time for me to take care of myself..

if there is anyone with any advice or helpful words, that would be appreciated.

( i dont live on a campus), and im completely isolated outside of school. can usually manage, but now things have gotten worse. when things get too much for me.. i have a habit of just killing myself to get it done. and failure is not an option however im worried that it is making me sickly.

and the work i do doesnt show... so i dont know.. how to help myself .. in my head.

what i can tell myself to keep me sain and keep going, because i have to.

whats worse is ive worked so hard these past months to be healthy, and eat right, and get on a good sleep schedule, and deal with my depression. and this huge amount of work before me.. is making me have to trash my good health to do it all. and im sick. and its going to get worse. dont know how to conceptualize it in order to go on.

ive also recently kicked a drug habit. and this is making me want to use again. I am stuck in a state of fear, where im so anxious i cant even work. and i cant snap out of it
farand

Postby Carson » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:50 pm

http://www.bandbacktogether.com/ I feel the exact same way as you! visit this sight, it really helped me. I'm also in college and i'm SO SUPER STRESSED! I also suffer from anxiety and depression and I wishing the best! sending love and hope!!!!
Carson

Postby Marvin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 pm

You definitely have many, many symptoms of sleep deprivation.
Too often that's the one thing we humans always sacrifice, and our bodies, our minds, let us know we need sleep! I had a similar circumstance in college, and it was a tough, miserable semester... with a lot of labs.
Best advice? Drop a class, and take it next semester.
It's okay to do that you know.
It's of no benefit to be super human if you die while being so super.
Drop a class, even two if necessary, or drop the math one and start over next semester with a better gauge of what to expect.
That is what I highly recommend... Option 2: talk to your professor and see if he has any options, as I'm pretty certain you aren't the first student in this scenario.
You can also get some tutoring by checking the campus paper/sites.
Your body will shut down without sleep....
been there.
Marvin

Postby Dwain » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:02 pm

Peter Sellers played an immigrant--a simple kind of man--who ended up being voted for President even though he did not run.
I think it was called "Chauncey Gardener"...I think.
WATCH IT PLEASE.
P.S.(I am GOOFY)-literally.
Dwain

Return to Eat to Live