Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

Our Political Leaders Are Idiots. Why Do We Allow To Spend So Much Of Our Money?

Our Political Leaders Are Idiots. Why Do We Allow To Spend So Much Of Our Money?

Postby Mikio » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Let's face it, our political leaders don't know jack s**t about anything. Almost none of them have ever run a business yet they want to control the economy. Most have never been in the military but they want to tell us how to run wars. Most of them never dug a hole but they want to tell us we can't drill for more oil. Most know nothing about science but they are sure there is global warming.Face up to it people, our political leaders are idiots. Why give them more money to spend?
Mikio

Postby Diamont » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Just one year ago we thought that $120 billion stimulus package was expensive. Then it ballooned to 150, 750, now well over a trillion and more is wanted. Bad loans and deficit spending got us into some trouble. And now the answer is 10x the deficit spending and more forced bad loans? Yes, this will work out fine,,, I am sure. The trouble is that the politicians are a representation of the American public. Most people are hopelessly stupid and they keep electing morons to lead them. There is no exit from this ride. The rest of us are helpless against legion of the new dumb. At least we live in interesting times.
Diamont

Postby Eoin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Amen! Rock, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Eoin

Postby Woodman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:17 pm

I have been saying that the vast majority of politicians all over the world are nothing short of corrupt, moronic scum-of-the-earth and that the sooner people realise that people will be able to run a society by themselves without having to be concerned with the tokenism that is "free-elections", the sooner we as the human race can free our minds and do some of the evolving people always aspire to individually. The more we elect mortals to lead us, the more we are putting up another steel bar in our personal prisons and the more we entrap our minds and hearts so that one day it will be our demise from an avalanche of ignorance which has replaced ancient wisdom.
Woodman

Postby Raimondo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:00 pm

pattiann said: 1 Amen! Rock, I couldn't have said it better myself. 70 months ago
Raimondo

Postby Gwallter » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 am

@Lono said: 4 Just one year ago we thought that $120 billion stimulus package was expensive. Then it ballooned to 150, 750, now well over a trillion and more is wanted. Bad loans and deficit spending got us into some trouble. And now the answer is 10x the deficit spending and more forced bad loans? Yes, this will work out fine,,, I am sure. The trouble is that the politicians are a representation of the American public. Most people are hopelessly stupid and they keep electing morons to lead them. There is no exit from this ride. The rest of us are helpless against legion of the new dumb. At least we live in interesting times. 70 months ago
Gwallter

Postby Styrbiorn » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:13 am

wendell said: 2 I have been saying that the vast majority of politicians all over the world are nothing short of corrupt, moronic scum-of-the-earth and that the sooner people realise that people will be able to run a society by themselves without having to be concerned with the tokenism that is "free-elections", the sooner we as the human race can free our minds and do some of the evolving people always aspire to individually. The more we elect mortals to lead us, the more we are putting up another steel bar in our personal prisons and the more we entrap our minds and hearts so that one day it will be our demise from an avalanche of ignorance which has replaced ancient wisdom. 70 months ago
Styrbiorn

Postby Cairo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:15 am

The important question is, why do we keep re-electing them? The lowest re-election rate between 1964 and 2006 for members of the US House was 85%, in 1970. The Senate is a little more voliatle, with the lowest rate being 55% in 1980. As a result, political scientists often parody our attitude toward politicians as a combination of "Throw the bums out!" with "My guy's a valuable member of Congress."   The site I cited above didn't have a rate for the Senate. Indeed, as I type this, there is still a Senate seat up for grabs. Having said that, one site claims we had a 96% re-election rate for the House, and what looks to be 95% for the Senate.   Why do we continue to allow this? Because we continue to elect people whose main qualification is charisma. Of course, voting for politicians for rational reasons, instead of a combination of charisma and the flavor of watered-down-to-soundbites ideology they spout, is a European trait, which really didn't start until after having fought both World Wars through their living rooms. And an awful lot of Americans pride themselves on being "not European."   What will it take for Americans to pay more attention? Well, they're paying attention now, at least more than usual.* But to pay attention, and think rationally, and keep it up for more than one election cycle? I suspect it would be something that hurts us as badly as World War II hurt most European nations.    Am I selfish for hoping we can dodge that one?         * It will be interesting to see how many figure out that Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has pretty much disproved Milton Friedman's claim that the Fed could have prevented the Great Depression; Bernanke has been following Friedman's after-the-fact advice to the Fed of 1929, and the best thing one could say about the result so far is it would probably be worse if he hadn't. My off-the-cuff guestimate is that we might have 15 million unemployed, instead of the 6.5 million we currently have. Sources: http://www.opensecrets.org/bigpicture/reelect.php http://www.wordforge.net/showthread.php?p=1734975 http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,568876,00.html http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/05/opinion/05krugman.html?_r=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss   Murstein's Recommendations Legislative Labyrinth: Congress and Campaign Finance Reform Amazon List Price: $34.95 Used from: $0.22 Average Customer Rating: 2.0 out of 5(based on 1 reviews) Murstein 70 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Cairo

Postby Machk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:25 pm

"Do you know we are being led to slaughters by placid admirals& that fat slow generals are getting obscene on young bloodDo you know we are ruled by T.V.""Did you know freedom exists in a school bookDid you know madmen are running our prisonW/in a jail, w/in a gaol, w/in a white free protestant Maelstrom"~ Jim Morrison.
Machk

Postby Gaetano » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:41 am

wendell said: 3 "Do you know we are being led to slaughters by placid admirals& that fat slow generals are getting obscene on young bloodDo you know we are ruled by T.V.""Did you know freedom exists in a school bookDid you know madmen are running our prisonW/in a jail, w/in a gaol, w/in a white free protestant Maelstrom"~ Jim Morrison. 70 months ago
Gaetano

Next

Return to Fat Loss 4 Idiots