Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

Need A "knockout" Cookie Recipe!

Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss

Postby Finghin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:28 pm

I love baking, and I make cookies all the time. I'm looking for an amazing cookie recipe(that you've tried, please!) ASIDE from the traditional - i.e, chocolate chip, oatmeal, snickerdoodle, gingerbread, peanut butter, et al. Thanks!
Finghin

Postby Storm » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:44 am

I tried this recipe for the first time not long ago because it was a rainy day, the kids were bored, and I was out of eggs.  I stumbed across the recipe on www.allrecipes.com and have since shared it with others in my family because it it so good, and so simple.  The cookies melt in your mouth!  My husband isn't a big fan of cinnamon, but he loves these cookies.  The cookies flatten just a bit while baking and absorb the powdered sugar you roll them in, so while they start out looking like "mexican wedding cookies," they don't look like them once they've been baked.  Enjoy!   Polvorones de Canele(Cinnamon Cookies)   INGREDIENTS 1 cup butter 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2  cup confectioners' sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. In a medium bowl, cream together 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture to form a stiff dough. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Mix together 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; roll balls in cinnamon mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until nicely browned. Cool cookies on wire racks.
Storm

Postby Achav » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:47 am

Now, now.... they taste much better than they sound!  They don?t take any time to make and you don?t even have to bake them!    1 stick butter 1/2 cup cocoa 2 cups sugar 1/2 cup milk   Put all these ingredients in a pan and cook it at medium heat until it bubbles a little bit around the sides.  Then, take it off the heat and add:   3 cups Quick Oatmeal 1/2 cup peanut butter 1 tsp vanilla   Stir it all up and drop globs of it onto wax paper and let it cool. (Note how they resemble their name). Tell people what they are called before you serve em up and believe me, they will be a "knockout".    I've made these a lot for get-togethers and they were always a crowd pleaser.  Enjoy!
Achav

Postby Vick » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:53 am

Thick & Chewy Triple-Chocolate Cookies 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocaoa powder 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped 4 large eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso powder 10 tablespoons(1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed 1/2 cup granulated sugar 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 1. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into medium bowl, set aside 2. Melt chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl set over pan of almost simmer water, stirring once or twice, until smooth. Remove from heat. Or melt in microwave: heat at 50% power for 2 minutes, stir, then heat another minute at 50% power. If it is not completely melted, continue heating, for 30 second incrememts at 50%, stirring after each time, until smooth. Be very careful not to burn it! Beat eggs and vanilla lightly in a small bowl with a fork, sprinkle coffee powder over, and stir to dissolve 3. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 seconds. Beat in sugars to combine, about 45 seconds, mixture will look granular. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in egg mixture until incorporated, about 45 seconds. Add chocolate in steady stream and beat until combined, about 40 seconds. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. With mixer at low speed, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Then mix in chocolate chips...do not overbeat! Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until consistency is scoopable and fudge-like, about 30 minutes. 4. Meanwhile, adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions, and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. Leaving about 1 1/2 inches between balls, scoop dough onto cookie sheets using an ice-cream scoop. The balls should be about the size of golf balls. 5. Bake, reversing position of baking sheets halfway through baking(from top to bottom and front to back) until edges of cookies have just begun to set, but centers are still very soft, about 10 minutes. The cookies will look like they are not done, but don't bake them any longer than this...they will firm up as they cool. 6. Cool cookies on baking sheets for about 10 minutes. If using parchment, then carefully slide the parchment with cookies onto wire racks, and let cool to room temperature. Put new parchment onto the baking sheets, scoop out remaining dough, and bake and cool as above. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.   Fair disclaimer: I've never made these.  I've watched my boyfriend make them(and I helped a tiny bit, but not much).  I can tell you from personal experience, however, that they are AMAZING.  DELICIOUS.  Very rich and chocolaty and completely fabulous.  I'm drooling just remembering them.    If this isn't what you are looking for - adding a few tablespoons of ginger puree to your favorite sugar cookie recipe makes for a delicious delight as well. 
Vick

Postby jordon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Cinnamon cookies I tried this recipe for the first time not long ago because it was a rainy day, the kids were bored, and I was out of eggs.  I stumbed across the recipe on www.allrecipes.com and have since shared it with others in my family because it it so good, and so simple.  The cookies melt in your mouth!  My husband isn't a big fan of cinnamon, but he loves these cookies.  The cookies flatten just a bit while baking and absorb the powdered sugar you roll them in, so while they start out looking like "mexican wedding cookies," they don't look like them once they've been baked.  Enjoy!   Polvorones de Canele(Cinnamon Cookies)   INGREDIENTS 1 cup butter 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2  cup confectioners' sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. In a medium bowl, cream together 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture to form a stiff dough. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Mix together 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; roll balls in cinnamon mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until nicely browned. Cool cookies on wire racks. Sources: www.allrecipes.com adsgfdgadf 81 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
jordon

Postby Storm » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:09 pm

I bake everyday and today's cookies are Lacy Oatmeal Cookies. I love making these cookies. They are very thin and crispy. The only challenge that you may have is knowing when to remove them from your cookie sheet. If removing too soon, you will "tear" them. If removing too late, they may stick and break. To compensate for the latter, I have found using Release solves this problem. This recipe calls for walnuts, but finely chop up whatever kind of nut you wish. Today I am using almonds. Lacy Oatmeal Cookies:  Makes: about 5 dozen 1/2 c.(1 stick) butter, melted 1-1/2 c. quick-cooking oats(I have used Old Fashioned, with no problem) 1 egg, beaten to blend 2 t. vanilla  1 t. all-purpose flour 1 t. baking powder 1/2 t. salt 1  2-1/2-oz. package walnuts, finely chopped 1.  Preheat oven to 375*. Line baking sheets with foil. 2.  Pour melted butter over oats in large bowl. Toss with fork. Stir in sugar. 3.  Add egg, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in nuts. 4.  Drop onto prepared sheets by level teaspoons(I only use 1/2 teaspoon. Make sure to give yourself a lot of space between the cookies...they spread out.), spacing 2-inches apart. 5.  Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheet. Gently peel cookies off.(Using Release, you do not have to "peel", just remove with a spatula.) Arrange in layers in airtight container. I do not make these in the summer...The humidity makes them soggy, no matter how you store them.  Sources: Cooking with Bon Appetit...Cookies(This is from a Bon Appetit set of cook books) HEIDI5522 81 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Storm

Postby Therron » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:05 am

here are a couple- These are the favorites in our house.    Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies - two things that we love in our house!   1 cup butter 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose flour 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups peanut butter chips Preheat the oven to 350, grease or line cookie sheets with a liner or parchment. (I don?t grease, I line, but I hate a lot of mess!)   Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients.  Fold in the peanut butter chips, then droop by heaping teaspoons onto the sheets.  Bake 8-10 mins.   Cool on a rack.          Toffee Bars - longtime friend gave me this recipe, they don?t last in our house.   1/3 cup canola oil 2 cups quick cooking oats 1/2 cup light brown sugar 1/4 cup light corn syrup 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted 1/4 cup chopped pecans (our family likes them - it?s optional)     Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease a 9in square pan. In a large bowl, stir together vegetable oil and oats. Mix in brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla. Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven. Set aside to cool. Cut into 4 large squares to remove from pan. Cover with melted chocolate, and sprinkle with nuts, if desired. Allow the chocolate to cool, and then cut each square into 9 pieces.   Sources: family/friends and what my house likes.   CAK's Recommendations AirBake by WearEver Nonstick 15-1/2 by 20-Inch Mega Baking Sheet Amazon List Price: $14.99 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 6 reviews) AirBake by WearEver Natural 15-1/2 by 10-1/2-Inch Shallow Baking Pan/Jelly Roll Amazon List Price: $10.99 Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5(based on 7 reviews) The Good Cookie: Over 250 Delicious Recipes from Simple to Sublime Amazon List Price: $34.95 Used from: $13.46 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 19 reviews) Cookies are a great way for me to trick myself into thinking I'm not eating a bunch of junk! I mean, a cookie here and a cookie there....YUM! CAK 81 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Therron

Postby Suttecliff » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:50 pm

These are the favorites in our house.    Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies - two things that we love in our house!   1 cup butter 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose flour 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups peanut butter chips Preheat the oven to 350, grease or line cookie sheets with a liner or parchment. (I don?t grease, I line, but I hate a lot of mess!)   Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients.  Fold in the peanut butter chips, then droop by heaping teaspoons onto the sheets.  Bake 8-10 mins.   Cool on a rack.          Toffee Bars - longtime friend gave me this recipe, they don?t last in our house.   1/3 cup canola oil 2 cups quick cooking oats 1/2 cup light brown sugar 1/4 cup light corn syrup 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted 1/4 cup chopped pecans (our family likes them - it?s optional)     Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease a 9in square pan. In a large bowl, stir together vegetable oil and oats. Mix in brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla. Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven. Set aside to cool. Cut into 4 large squares to remove from pan. Cover with melted chocolate, and sprinkle with nuts, if desired. Allow the chocolate to cool, and then cut each square into 9 pieces.  
Suttecliff

Postby Heilyn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:12 am

Catsh!t Cookies Now, now.... they taste much better than they sound!  They don?t take any time to make and you don?t even have to bake them!    1 stick butter 1/2 cup cocoa 2 cups sugar 1/2 cup milk   Put all these ingredients in a pan and cook it at medium heat until it bubbles a little bit around the sides.  Then, take it off the heat and add:   3 cups Quick Oatmeal 1/2 cup peanut butter 1 tsp vanilla   Stir it all up and drop globs of it onto wax paper and let it cool. (Note how they resemble their name). Tell people what they are called before you serve em up and believe me, they will be a "knockout".    I've made these a lot for get-togethers and they were always a crowd pleaser.  Enjoy! Sources: Sweet Potato Queen's Big Ass Cookbook   KatyDidIt's Recommendations The Sweet Potato Queens' Big-Ass Cookbook(and Financial Planner) Amazon List Price: $13.95 Used from: $13.00 Recipe of the Week: Cookies, 52 Easy Recipes for Year-round Baking(Recipe of the Week) Amazon List Price: $16.95 Used from: $8.50 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 2 reviews) The Best 50 Cookie Recipes(The Best 50) Amazon List Price: $5.95 KatyDidIt 81 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Heilyn

Postby Barrick » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:57 am

I love making these cookies. They are very thin and crispy. The only challenge that you may have is knowing when to remove them from your cookie sheet. If removing too soon, you will "tear" them. If removing too late, they may stick and break. To compensate for the latter, I have found using Release solves this problem. This recipe calls for walnuts, but finely chop up whatever kind of nut you wish. Today I am using almonds. Lacy Oatmeal Cookies:  Makes: about 5 dozen 1/2 c.(1 stick) butter, melted 1-1/2 c. quick-cooking oats(I have used Old Fashioned, with no problem) 1 egg, beaten to blend 2 t. vanilla  1 t. all-purpose flour 1 t. baking powder 1/2 t. salt 1  2-1/2-oz. package walnuts, finely chopped 1.  Preheat oven to 375*. Line baking sheets with foil. 2.  Pour melted butter over oats in large bowl. Toss with fork. Stir in sugar. 3.  Add egg, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in nuts. 4.  Drop onto prepared sheets by level teaspoons(I only use 1/2 teaspoon. Make sure to give yourself a lot of space between the cookies...they spread out.), spacing 2-inches apart. 5.  Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheet. Gently peel cookies off.(Using Release, you do not have to "peel", just remove with a spatula.) Arrange in layers in airtight container. I do not make these in the summer...The humidity makes them soggy, no matter how you store them. 
Barrick

Next

Return to Weight Loss Recipes