Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

My Weight Went Down, Up, Down. Is This Normal?

Talk about anything related to losing weight

Postby Asriel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 pm

This is perfectly normal, if you just started this healthy lifestyle be sure to stick with it for at a good bit before giving up. Most people give up right before they break through the plateau and see amazing transformations. Remember its 80% nutrition and 20% exercise, but maximize your efforts while working out, just know that your body will only use what you create as demand. Demand being the workout, supply being the nutrition to repair. It is a marathon and not a sprint, so stick in there for the long run. Weight fluctuation can also be due to water weight esp when you are properly hydrated. Watch the scale but also look in the mirror for composition changes weekly, this will help you stay motivated.
Asriel

Postby Tevis » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 pm

It can be normal. A body likes to stay at the same weight. When you deliberately gain or lose weight, your body doesn't know what to make of it - especially if its a drastic change. If you aren't seeing drastic upturns, I wouldn't worry to much - its probably your body trying to regulate itself. If it is a large gain - i would double check that you are really making that diet healthy, and not taking in too few calories. That will also cause you to gain weight (body goes into starvation mode). Chances are it is one of these two things.
Tevis

Return to General Weight Loss Chat