Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

My Parents Are So Weird Around Each Other?

Postby Emanuele » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:52 am

My mom and dad seriously don't agree on ANYTHING. They argue about stupid stuff and I'm fed up. I see other families and how they all do things together, but with my family we do everything separately, such as church, family parties, etc. It's pretty much like living with divorced parents, because it seems like they hate each other, even my friends have noticed. My dad is always super happy with other people but with my mom he changes completely, and my mom nags over everything too. When my friends come over they eat dinner in separate places and it makes me feel super awkward and they just act so bad together when my friends come over, that's why I stopped inviting them. He works a lot and my mom doesn't. Also they always make me choose sides so if i agree with my dad my mom gets mad at me and if i agree with my mom my dad gets mad at me :( My sister noticed it but she moved out 7 years ago and she's 24, she hates it too. I just really don't like going to places and having them separated because it makes me feel super uncomftorable. I wish they actually shared some sort of feeling to each other, because i love them both dearly but I'm sick of choosing sides, help????
Emanuele

Postby Os » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:59 am

you should tell them how you feel.
Os

Postby Danniel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:01 am

Very sorry to hear your story. Try to select wisely when is your time in selecting the right person to marry, You have seen all the consequences of marring the wrong person, do not get any girl pregnant until you know you are willing to work hard in your marriage.

There is no magic solution for your question it will be very hard for your parents to respect each other, or at least seek professional marital help. You will need to move out as soon as you can, same thing your sister did.
Danniel

Postby Ahsalom » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:09 am

always tell them that they are both wrong. make your own side
Ahsalom

Postby Northrop » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:15 am

Get them together and talk about this ,tell them your friends notice this and it is terrible. Tell them if they don't love each other and can't act like parents why don't they get divorced? Let them know that it is upsetting you so bad.
Northrop

Postby Govannon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:25 am

You can't avoid the possibility of having to choose between the two of them. You're the one who thinks they're like divorced already; there's a possibility of that happening, I'm sorry. When that time comes, you will have to choose.

Or if you don't want that, talk to them and ask them what's going on.
Govannon

Return to Eat to Live