Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

My Friend Is Bulimic Though A Different Kind I Guess You Could Say..she Doesnt Eat Then When She Does She...?

Discuss Bulimia

My Friend Is Bulimic Though A Different Kind I Guess You Could Say..she Doesnt Eat Then When She Does She...?

Postby enlai » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:35 pm

One way to establish the difference is if she is loosing weight, or is in a low weight range. People who are bulimic will be in a "normal" weight range. There is a sub-type of anorexia called binge-eating/purging anorexia. This is mainly established by weight. Another characteristic of binge-eating/purging anorexia is the presence of impulse control issues.
enlai

Postby Jocelina » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:36 pm

it sounds like purge disorder, look it up, it's where you eat normal meals and don't binge then purge it up, either by throwing up, excessive exercise, laxatives, ect.
if she is underweight then this is anorexia subtype purging.
you cannot have anorexia and bulimia at the same time.
with bulimia you can purge by going days without food.
that is where people get confused and say they are anorexic and bulimic.
Jocelina

Postby Emmet » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Eating then vomiting is bulemia.
Anorexia is not eating at all.
Emmet

Postby Nichol » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:49 pm

In a way, it is kind of both. There might actually be a name for it, but then again, I'm not sure.

Anorexia is not eating much at all, and Bulimia is eating a lot of food then throwing it all up.

So she eats a little bit, and then throws it all up basically.

(Your friend does sound like she needs help, poor thing)
Nichol

Return to Bulimia