Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!   

Advertisments:

My Friend Is Anorexic, Help?

Talk about anything related to losing weight

Postby Abban » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 pm

she's 16. shes told me she hasnt had carbs in 5 months. i only see her consuming veggies (no dressing) fruit and diet coke.

she uploads pictures onto instagram of her running long distances and you can see all of her bones.

all of her bones in her back are visable and the group of girls who are best friends with her (me included) have noticed for a long time but we have no idea what to do.

people outside our group notice now too. even boys and they usually dont notice anything..

shes about 5'6 and under 100 pounds.

please help.
i dont know if confronting her is a bad idea or not.

i think if i did she'd deny deny deny or just not talk to me for a long time

helpppppppp
Abban

Postby Everton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 pm

I know that the solution to this is going to sound horrible to you, but anorexia kills, and it sounds like she has a serious problem. 20 percent of people with serious cases of anorexia die, and it is the leading cause of death in females between the ages of 15 and 24. You need to get help for her. Tell somebody, like her parents or a guidance councilor, because this wont just go away for her. She will probably hate you (although, if you tell a guidance councilor, you can keep your identity from being revealed to her.) but eventually, she will thank you, because you will be saving her life.
Everton

Return to General Weight Loss Chat