Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

My dog keeps crying and shaking! HELP!?

Postby arapoosh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:51 pm

She's a 7 year old Pomeranian. For the past 2 days she's been laying around and doesn't move for the most part. Sometimes if we accidentally move her she cries, but we can't pinpoint exactly what's hurting her. At first we thought it was her foot because she keeps it limp when she walks sometimes but when we put pressure on it she is fine. Her crying is really random, for example she will be laying perfectly still and then start crying or we will sneeze or make a sudden movement and she will start crying like we hit her.

We gave her a hot dog with half of a doggy pill in it and she ate it but then we tried to give her another piece of hot dog she dropped it and started crying like it hurt to chew. She also shakes a lot and follows us around and tries to sit in our laps (which is odd because she's usually not very cuddly with anybody).

We want to take her to the vet, but we feel like every time we take our dogs there they try to scam us. We once took our other dog there when she was 1 year old and they told us that she wouldn't live another year unless we got her two different kinds of surgery. She's now 8 years old and as healthy as ever.

If she's not better by Monday we'll take her to the vet but I would like to figure out what is wrong with her first.
arapoosh

Postby george » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 pm

She's a 7 year old Pomeranian. For the past 2 days she's been laying around and doesn't move for the most part. Sometimes if we accidentally move her she cries, but we can't pinpoint exactly what's hurting her. At first we thought it was her foot because she keeps it limp when she walks sometimes but when we put pressure on it she is fine. Her crying is really random, for example she will be laying perfectly still and then start crying or we will sneeze or make a sudden movement and she will start crying like we hit her.

We gave her a hot dog with half of a doggy pill in it and she ate it but then we tried to give her another piece of hot dog she dropped it and started crying like it hurt to chew. She also shakes a lot and follows us around and tries to sit in our laps (which is odd because she's usually not very cuddly with anybody).

We want to take her to the vet, but we feel like every time we take our dogs there they try to scam us. We once took our other dog there when she was 1 year old and they told us that she wouldn't live another year unless we got her two different kinds of surgery. She's now 8 years old and as healthy as ever.

If she's not better by Monday we'll take her to the vet but I would like to figure out what is wrong with her first.
If when you touch her, she cries, this indicates that the dog is in pain or doesn't want to be touched, that alone would be reason for me to take my dog to the vet. No dog that is properly socialized shouldn't want to be touched by their owners. This dog is obviously in pain.

Of course you can't pinpoint what's wrong with her, you don't have X-ray vision and your not a licensed Vet.

She is crying because she either, fright end, in pain or is fearful. Dogs cry for tons of reasons and most times it isn't positive. Small dogs shake for many reasons, because they are fearful, have anxiety, because they are happy or are excited.

In your dogs case it seems like the dog has anxiety, is fearful and is in pain.

Take her to the Vet.

None of us are Vets and even if someone on here said they were, it doesn't mean that you can prove they are.
george

Postby landmari28 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Take her to the vet. ASAP. And You CANNOT feed a dog sausage. One vegetables, and medium rare cooked meat. Your dog's health might be at risk. Its better if you take her to a person who's a professional at animal health. Unless you want your pet to die.
landmari28

Postby graent » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 pm

please take her to a vet. my pomeranian died. yes, im sorry a vet scammed you, but not all vets will do that. and dont feed her hot dogs, if its bad for humans then its probably much worse for dogs.
graent

Postby pyrs59 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:25 pm

If you don't take her to the vet, what will you do. If you love your dog, truly love it, you will pay the money.
pyrs59

Postby gormley34 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Take her to a different vet. She is suffering and that it borderline cruelty.
gormley34

Postby gwernach » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:44 pm

I agree with James, get to a vet and if this is recurring she should have seen on ages ago!
gwernach

Postby cordell » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:50 pm

From your description, this sounds like a pinched nerve or other spinal problem - and it's extremely painful. Just her reaction alone should send you running for help.

Vets can be wrong, but more often they are right. You can always ask them for more explanations, but denying your dog pain meds and proper care is immoral and illegal, and you could be prosecuted for abuse neglect.

There is nothing you can do to diagnose or treat your poor little dog with information we give your at home. She desperately needs the help of a veterinarian with a doctorate - if you're not going to get her help, at least find Pomeranian Rescue and let them care for her properly. There is no excuse for watching your little dog suffer for two days, no matter who you think scammed you. None.
cordell

Return to Eat to Live