Welcome to WeightLossChat.org!    Latest blog post: Yoga for Weight Loss

Advertisments:

My Daughter Is Miserable? Please Help!?

Discuss Bulimia

Postby Scottas » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:36 am

My daughter is seventeen, and she's been gone since the beginning of June in France with her boyfriend, and his family. Her boyfriend's sister is her best friend. Well, anyways some things you should know about my daughter is she's brilliant, she's top of her class, has an average higher than a 4.0, and she has a full payed scholarship to her dream college. Her life hasn't always been great, she's been through a lot of crap over the years. My daughter earlier this year went into a treatment center for about three months. She used to self harm, self medicate, self manipulate, she would starve herself, and make herself throw up(anorexia nervosa, and bulimia). She was diagnosed as bipolar, severely depressed, and also with post traumatic stress disorder. Since then, my daughter has come a long way, and she's usually one of the sweetest, most kind hearted girl you could ever know. Anyways, while she was in France with her boyfriend something happened between them, and he said some hurtful things to her, which I have no idea what they were, and she's coming home early now. When she talked to me on the phone she was crying. Basically, she wants to move in with her older sister now because she's so miserable, and doesn't want to even live in the same state as her ex boyfriend. These two were in love, and if you knew them you could tell that they were. All I know about what happened between them is he's been doing some things to hurt her for a while now, and she's put up with it, and it got really bad this time. This is not the first time she's called me wanting to go home, the others times she changed her mind but, this time she's coming home for sure she should be in some time tonight... Now, I have nine other kids but, two of them are moved out, and I also have two new born babies who are twins so I have my hands full. Plus, me, and my ex husband are getting remarried. What should I do about my daughter...? Should I let her move in with her oldest sister...? How can I help her...? I'm worried she might do what she used to do to herself again...
Scottas

Postby Ashur » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:38 am

Its obvious she is this way because of the boy. Shes young and she got hurt to her it may seem like the end of world. When she comes back ask her to explain to you what happened if she gives you good reasons why she wants to go let her go.
Ashur

Postby Lucian » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:41 am

I had a hard time getting past the first line, where you said you allowed a 17 year old to go on vacation with her boyfriend.
Having 9 kids, I'd assume you know how babies are made and I'm wondering if you want to be a young Grandma?

Anyway, moving on from there, yes, the sister sounds like a good option.
Her life at home sound chaotic with parents breaking up and making up and new siblings, so I don't think her life is in any greater danger with her sister than at home.

I hope she continues to get outside counseling help.

Wishing you well.
Lucian

Postby Piperel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 am

if she wants to move in with her sister let her just check on her every once in a while make sure she's okay, but don't be the overbearing parent. just help her get over this little bump in her life. pretty soon she'll be smilin and laughin, just dont bring up her ex until she wants to talk about it by bringing it up first
Piperel

Postby Gryphin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 am

seek advice from the two the college counselor or a therapist in the community in case you do no longer look after the college counselor. you in all danger choose for to get therapy on your daughter. there will be many situations in life the place you daughter will understand no person alongside with while she is going away to college, takes on a sparkling interest or strikes to a sparkling community. she would be waiting to might desire to strengthen the skill to handle those circumstances without getting issues and vomiting. to check the thank you to get to understand human beings and to get alongside with all forms of individuals are great discovering stories. there are a number of pupils of each grade point who attend new colleges each and each 12 months and don't comprehend a single face on the beginning up of the 12 months and who might desire to navigate that process coming up new pals. Your daughter has the income of having attended this college for 2 years, so on an identical time as she isn't pals with the human beings on her group, she a minimum of knows of them. life isn't suitable or truthful and all of us can not get each little thing we choose for. To might desire to handle a concern that may no longer suitable is yet another stable discovering journey. the college can not flow each toddler that would extremely be in a distinctive group. there may be approaches around this difficulty. One may be to pass lower back to the important and ask in case you carry a doctor's observe and make a substantial purchase for the college or do numerous hours of volunteer artwork, might she/he evaluate shifting your daughter. you may carry in the wellness practitioner's observe so as that they does not might desire to flow numerous little ones who're attentive to your daughter's concern and who choose for to pass. you may do the volunteer artwork to offset their grief.
Gryphin

Return to Bulimia